You can type here any text you want

255/60r15 drag radial

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HawaiiGN

New member here, finding a lot of great info. One thing I have noticed is some people are running these but I am unable to locate this size in any thing besides mt. Any online sites? Thanks for your help

Hard to find 15" tires these days. You probably won't find this size in a regular street tire.

HawaiiGN said:
New member here, finding a lot of great info. One thing I have noticed is some people are running these but I am unable to locate this size in any thing besides mt. Any online sites? Thanks for your help

I believe that you can get them at discount tire! I got some 275s there

I've seen the 275 there but no 255. I'm trying stay with the smaller size so it fits the rim better. I really like the stock rim with the 255 dr but I've heard the mickey thompson drs don't last very long on the street. there is no track on the island so all I do is street driving.

^^^^ I have the BFG 255/60 on my stock 7" rim. IMO they are the best size for that rim. Looks meaty enough from the sides and gives a slight rake, they are about 27" tall.

Thanks for all of the responses. I'm going to order the mt and run them. Hopefully I can get a year or two out of them. I don't really drive the car to often.

Welcome Pilgrim! You have the best forum on the net!
You will find mt offers some of the best traction that can be had on the street. If you're going to burn rubber, may as well get the jump on the competition!
Again welcome and do a lot of reading before getting to crazy w/these cars, they are addictiong!

Thanks for all of the responses. I'm going to order the mt and run them. Hopefully I can get a year or two out of them. I don't really drive the car to often.

Good call. I had a buddy with a stock GN get 10k miles out of a set of MT's. No drag racing and he never did burnouts on the street. Just agressive street driving, but they lasted 10k miles. They were starting to show some chords at that point though. I only run my MTs at the track now and I get 2 to 4 seasons out of them with 30+ passes per year. Even if tread is good though, they start to lose grip after a couple seasons so longer burnouts are needed. For a GN not driven much, I personally don't think there is a better gripping radial made.

Good choice, just avoid any wet roads. If you live on the windward side of the island, try not to get caught in the rain while driving over the Pali or H3. Could get hairy. This is assuming you live on Oahu.

Have fun!

Back