You can type here any text you want

275/50-15 - any rubbing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

John Larkin

Sublime Master of Turbology
I have 275/60-15 now and want to move to 275/50-15. Both are on stock GN wheels. Section width is reported to be 11.1" on both - Nitto 555R. I measured the 275/60 on the car now @ 30psi and showed 11" so I believe their info is correct. I use aluminum drums and have 1/2" clearance from the frame rail on each side. Has anyone noticed any rubbing with 275/50?

I have 275/60-15 now and want to move to 275/50-15. Both are on stock GN wheels. Section width is reported to be 11.1" on both - Nitto 555R. I measured the 275/60 on the car now @ 30psi and showed 11" so I believe their info is correct. I use aluminum drums and have 1/2" clearance from the frame rail on each side. Has anyone noticed any rubbing with 275/50?
You are moving to a shorter tire and smaller sidewall but of the same width. Why would it rub if the current tire doesn't rub?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

nitto 275-50-15 , 555.
on 8 in rim, 4.5 BS.
close on outer lip, no rubbing, car is lowered 1.5 rear, 2in front
DSC06562.JPG

I would also like to lower the rear a little and have the car sit level. Once the tires are on I'll see how it sits and go from there.

I would also like to lower the rear a little and have the car sit level. Once the tires are on I'll see how it sits and go from there.
I'm sure they'll be fine. I have run both sizes with 4-1/2" bs. No rubbing. I'm going to be doing another tire group but soon if you're interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested in spending less money, yes. Last time you did Mickeys. I am looking for Nittos. Keep me in mind please.

I'm interested in spending less money, yes. Last time you did Mickeys. I am looking for Nittos. Keep me in mind please.

I will look into including the Nitto's in the group buy. I'm sure it will not be a problem.

I will look into including the Nitto's in the group buy. I'm sure it will not be a problem.

I have used both the M/T and Nitto. The Nitto's IMO last much better for street use and the M/T are much better at the track. I will be putting the group buy up after the holidays.

I know a guy with a Fox body Mustang and he is all about the Nittos. He had MTs and said the car was squirrley on gear changes and he is shifting at 5500. He says Nittos hook well for him and the car continues straight.

I have scrap marks on the side of my tires from launching at the track, I definitely rub.

I ran the 555Rs in 275/50/15 on stock Monte SS wheels with no problems. I noticed one small rub mark one time but i had run around town with them on and aired down like I was at the track. If you keep them aired up they should be just fine. I thought they were great for street cruising too! They hold up well.

I can't explain why.
car with M/T drag radial felt loose on the top end.
same car with Nitto's felt 100% more stable.
is a 11.00 car, (10.99 they throw you out)

If you went to discount tire they'll let you test fit tires to make sure they fit

Back