You can type here any text you want

275/50/15 bfg on welds rubbing???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lib87t

GAME OVER
I got 275/50/15's DR's on 15x8 weld pro stars and when I get the car on a bind it rubs the wheel well moulding on the drive side bad to a point where it wrinkles it up on the inside. If I sit in the car and someone pushes down on the bumper the wheels tuck under the quarters but what must be happening is the axle got a alittle play sise to side and the side wall of the tire hits the moulding. Will a air bag on the driverside help or what should I do, I don't want it ruining my quarter panel?

Air bags are a must. It has been mentioned previously that the MT 275/50s are wider than the other 275/50s out there. Also, what is the back spacing on your 15x8 wheels?

I found the 3.5" BS works best on 15x8 wheels.
Definitely get a pair of air bags. They will help keep the fender trim off the tire, but I do recommend you roll your fenders for proper clearance. Get two air bags and not one as only one will have the car sitting uneven for cruising. Do a search as there are tons of posts about rolling the fenders. There's even a tool that you can rent from one of our board members and roll them yourself.
HTH

Patrick

Ok i put the air bag on the Driver side and no rubbing with 10lbs air in it.

I have custom GN wheels 4 1/8 backspacing with 2" drop 275/50 no rubs, no bags.

That seems to be the perfect backspacing, also the same one used by dennis kirban on his gnx rims.

Back