You can type here any text you want

275/50/15 M&H or MT

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I cant vouge for the M&H tires but the MT drag radials are amazing. They stick very well and I know a few guys with street cars that dont use slicks at the track at all anymore because these work so well and arent cutting any better 60's on a full slicks. The psi is really going to depend on rim width from what I have found using various drag radials over the years. Too narrow of a rim is going to wear the center with a lot of miles. I run mine around 26 psi most of the time and they are on an 8.5" rim and are wearing evenly. At the track I drop them down a little but I have pulled low 1.6 60's with no tire spin and 20-22 psi of air. If you dont put many miles on the car these tires work very well but I have heard numorous guys complain about the rain traction though I havent had any trouble with them. I would be curious to hear about how well the M&H tires compare as well but I cant complain at all about the great traction the MT tires offer for a street tire. Most guys around here have told me they get about 1-3K miles out of the MT drag radials depending on how much track use and burnouts they see. I had a set of 255/50/16s on my old fwd Grand Prix and had 4K miles of every day street driving on them and they still had half tread life left and I made quite a few track passes with them as well as numorous burnouts on the street.

I cant vouge for the M&H tires but the MT drag radials are amazing. They stick very well and I know a few guys with street cars that dont use slicks at the track at all anymore because these work so well and arent cutting any better 60's on a full slicks. The psi is really going to depend on rim width from what I have found using various drag radials over the years. Too narrow of a rim is going to wear the center with a lot of miles. I run mine around 26 psi most of the time and they are on an 8.5" rim and are wearing evenly. At the track I drop them down a little but I have pulled low 1.6 60's with no tire spin and 20-22 psi of air. If you dont put many miles on the car these tires work very well but I have heard numorous guys complain about the rain traction though I havent had any trouble with them. I would be curious to hear about how well the M&H tires compare as well but I cant complain at all about the great traction the MT tires offer for a street tire. Most guys around here have told me they get about 1-3K miles out of the MT drag radials depending on how much track use and burnouts they see. I had a set of 255/50/16s on my old fwd Grand Prix and had 4K miles of every day street driving on them and they still had half tread life left and I made quite a few track passes with them as well as numorous burnouts on the street.

how much power were you putting with 255s?

I don't know about you guys, but I have the 275 15 50's, and I break 'em loose.
I'm thinking it's due to my stock turbo spooling super fast. I've done almost everything you can do, to help it's spool up so far. I'm guessing that's the only reason I break 'em loose.

When do you break them loose @ the track or street ? 275/50's are short only 26 inches tall. It use to be a fine line with my car between wrinkling the MT drag radials and hooking very hard or blowing them up in smoke. Then i move up to the 2 inch taller 275/60's

On the street. When I build a few pounds of boost at the line (my powermaster works really well) and then lift the brake pedal and hammer the throttle, the second my turbo is at full spool, that's it for the tires. Which is about one full second after the pedal hits the floor. I know the street's not race prepped, but I need all the help I can get.
That's ok though, cuz next year, I got somethin for that ass. I just found out that you can run MT race slicks that require a tube, with no tube....

these cars arent going to dead hook on the street with anymods ..... Take it to the track ... its not worth it in the street.

Back