You can type here any text you want

275/60R15 on Stock T Rims? Anyone have pictures?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Update... (I'll never use another 26" tire again!)

I gave the 275/60R15 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials a try on my T wheels and man am I'm happy I did! I previously assumed wider treadwidth would give you better traction so when I switched from the MT 235/60R15 (26" tall x 8.4" Tread) to the P275/50R15 (26" tall x 10.4" Tread), I was disappointed. With the 275/50s I had to pedal a 4psi launch with 12-15 psi in the tires so it wouldn't spin. After a quick trial in an empty parking lot the 275/60s have just proved their worth. I launched @ 5 psi (pedal to the floor) and if it didn't nudge the front tires off the ground it came damn close! What's most amazing is that I didn't do a burnout and had 35 lbs of air in them. I have little doubt that if I air down those tires, do a good burnout, and launch on more boost that I'll be cutting low 1.6x to high 1.5x 60' on a well prepped track! I can't wait until this weekend!

I gave the 275/60R15 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials a try on my T wheels and man am I'm happy I did! I previously assumed wider treadwidth would give you better traction so when I switched from the MT 235/60R15 (26" tall x 8.4" Tread) to the P275/50R15 (26" tall x 10.4" Tread), I was disappointed. With the 275/50s I had to pedal a 4psi launch with 12-15 psi in the tires so it wouldn't spin. After a quick trial in an empty parking lot the 275/60s have just proved their worth. I launched @ 5 psi (pedal to the floor) and if it didn't nudge the front tires off the ground it came damn close! What's most amazing is that I didn't do a burnout and had 35 lbs of air in them. I have little doubt that if I air down those tires, do a good burnout, and launch on more boost that I'll be cutting low 1.6x to high 1.5x 60' on a well prepped track! I can't wait until this weekend!

Bro,

I need pictures ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Here's a link...

Bro,

I need pictures ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

I'll post some pictures later today. Until then, check out this link. UNGN was nice enough to post pictures of his BFG 275/60R15s on T wheels here. the size of the BFG and the Mickey Thompson radial are very close. BEWARE; these tires are probably the widest and tallest tire you can use on the stock wheel. The tires rub a little around corners as they do sit VERY close to the frame (about 1 cm). I don't feel comfortable using spacers but if you're willing to do so a 1/4" spacer should keep them off of the frame. (I don't drive like a ricer so this isn't a big problem to me) Also, I can see very faint marks on the edge of the tire where it made contact with the fender lip during the squat of my launch. If you haven't already done so, rolling the lip would be a good to accommodate these tires. If you use the spacers and you don't have air bags rolling the lip will be mandatory.

A few pictures.

Drivers side clearence.jpg

Fills up the wheel well.jpg

Slight lip scuffing.jpg

Here are some pictures. I noticed that the drivers side does not rub the frame at all but the passenger side does around turns but as you will always hear, "every car is different."

Thanks man, I am still trying to pick the 255/60 or 275/60.

damn that car is pure sex but why is that car at your house it better still be in my garage.

Last night with the 275/60R15s...

7psi Transbrake launch, 2-step at 3200RPM in a parking lot with no burnout and 27psi in the tires. No wheel spin.

I run the 255-60/15 MT ET Street drag radials on 15x8 Torque Thrust II wheels. My 60' times are in the 1.5x.
I WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAD ANY PICTURE OF YOU RIMS ON THE CAR . I
HAD PURCHASED THE SAME RIMES, BUT ONLY GOING TO USE 235/60/15X8
IN THE BACK AND 215/60/15X7 IN THE FRONT

with t-type wheels and 275/60/15's, do you have to use any spacers?

thanks,

Brad

You should not have to use spacers, but they may rub the frame slightly on one side if your axle isn't centered on the frame.

Aluminum brake drums will help reduce rubbing.

They will rub the frame LESS than 275/50's from the same MFG, though M/T or BFG 60's might rub the frame as much as Nitto 50's (because nitto 50 are smaller than every one elses 50's)

I have found I do have to run small spacers with GN wheels, on cars were T-type wheels fit without spacers.

Here we go again...

Just added Razor's alcohol injection tuned it for zero knock at 27 pounds of boost. So much for traction... Damn! I lowered tire pressure to 12 psi and did a decent burnout. Launching again at around 7 pounds of boost with the 2-step at 3200. The car hooks initially but the tires begin to spin more relentlessly as the boost goes up and the "power injection" light becomes brighter. I'm sure this won't be much of a problem on a prepped track but it would still be nice to hook on the street. I still think I can make it hook. Maybe if I make the alcohol turn on closer to 15psi instead of 8psi, it may give the tires more of a chance. If that doesn't work, I guess it's back to the drawing board... If anything, it was a nice two weeks when my car kept taction from launch to second gear.

Check the video in my sig. 1st race was with 235s and next was with 275/60s. I think that tells the story on going to 28". I have better clearance than I had with 275/50s which rubbed going around corners. I use the 235s on the street.

Check the video in my sig. 1st race was with 235s and next was with 275/60s. I think that tells the story on going to 28". I have better clearance than I had with 275/50s which rubbed going around corners. I use the 235s on the street.

Yes, I'm using the MT 276/60R15s. I mentioned how much it helped me with traction on the previous page of this thread... I just installed the alcohol injection which added a little more power than I thought it would. It used to hook without it. Now it hooks on the launch but breaks looses during spoolup in the first 10ft.

Yes, I'm using the MT 276/60R15s. I mentioned how much it helped me with traction on the previous page of this thread... I just installed the alcohol injection which added a little more power than I thought it would. It used to hook without it. Now it hooks on the launch but breaks looses during spoolup in the first 10ft.

What are your airbag pressures?

keep the tires up around 16-18 psi on the stock rim. Pressures below this the tire will act like a deflated basketball. It will hook initially, but then unhook as it spins round. On a wider rim, you might be able to get away with 12 psi, but on a narrow rim it will cup in the center.

I'm running 20lbs in the dr's at the track, 15 in the rt airbag.

Back