You can type here any text you want

28.5 x 10.5 Slicks BS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I agree on wheel sticking out like a Dune Buggy..I still don`t see how Notching a frame without making Bigger wheel Wells.

Joe, notching the frame enables you to use some wider wheels with more rear spacing (like 15"x10"s with a rear spacing of 5" or 5.5") than you could normally use with a stock un-notched frame. It's quite a job though...I've seen a couple but unfortunately, most of the jobs I've seen were rough, not very clean looking :rolleyes:...but they did give more room to use some bigger rear tires inside the body like some 325-50-15's...

and

Slow91z said:
...but on a non frame notch car there would be no way without spacers. And it fits without rolling the quarter panel.

Not exactly...they do fit on 8" wheels but with a rear spacing of 3.5" and rolled fender lips, no spacer needed.

Claude. :smile:

Joe, notching the frame enables you to use some wider wheels with more rear spacing (like 15"x10"s with a rear spacing of 5" or 5.5") than you could normally use with a stock un-notched frame. It's quite a job though...I've seen a couple but unfortunately, most of the jobs I've seen were rough, not very clean looking :rolleyes:...but they did give more room to use some bigger rear tires inside the body like some 325-50-15's...

and

Not exactly...they do fit on 8" wheels but with a rear spacing of 3.5" and rolled fender lips, no spacer needed.

Claude. :smile:

Claude
My decision will be made once I get the Slick n the car with the 15x10's.
Calling you this week if I can drop by one evening...:)

Joe

Update

OK so M&H Slick on the 10" Centerline I have with the 4 7/8" BS and the Tire clears with a 1/2" Spacer. So my decission is made that I will not have to Notch the frame. I will post some pics later.

Joe

pic

here with is the 4 7/8 BS with a 1/2" Spacer. Car is on stands though.

Attachments

• DSC00102.jpg
    DSC00102.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 154
Back