You can type here any text you want

28" Drag Radial options for us 16" rim folks?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and need to start planning on a track outing soon. I have GTA Fronts on all 4 corners (for my street tires) with another pair of GTA fronts I want to mount a pair of drag radials on for a track trip. I have a slightly used pair of 28x11.5x16 MT ET Streets. They have plenty of visible life left in them, but do have some age on them..... so the rubber is probably not as soft as it once was. I was hoping to find some MT drag radials or even better.... some Hoosier Drag Radials in 28" height.

All I see is some M&H's that you can get in that size.

Anybody ever run the M&H's?

I had thought MT was at one time making a 295/50/16 or something pretty close to that size in their drag radials.... but I don't see it now.

Ideas?

M&H 275's hear, they fit but I had to use alum drums. Not saying is impossible, but how are you getting 295's to fit? Are you changing the BS or rolling the lips? I would LOVE to fit them under mine :)

I.run the mt 295/50/16's on my ta rims , they have em

Cool..... what sort of 60' have you been able to achieve with those tires? I know 15's would hook better.... but I want to keep the look of the GTA wheels even at the strip...... more incognito......

M&Hs here.. 1.4 short times .. A few of my buddys have used them.

I guess my paper catalog didn't show them all...... I see on jegs website.... both MT and Hoosier have 295/50/16 drag radials.

The MT's are 33# ea..... the Hoosiers are 26# ea...... seems like a ton to me. I know the MT's are a heavy tire...... that is alot of unsprung rotating weight.........

Pontiac also made those lace rims in 15" so you could get a set of those too. Only issue is they are 7" wide.

275 60 16 m&h drag radials @ summit for $182 ea. thats like 30$ ea cheaper than jeg's . they seem awesome on the street, i have a convertor that is to tight ,so i haven't got a chance to get a good 60ft yet. nothing to do with the tires

The 275 M&H's fit great on my car. I "Googled" M&H discount code and found one that offered 10% off right from M&H. Ttires.jpgM&Htires.jpg

Here's a close up of the 275/55R16 M&H drag radials on the car. No problems with rubbing and I drive the car a lot on all kinds of roads.M&H.jpg

295/50/16 on 16"x10" rims. No frame notch with a rolled fender lip.
Toronto-20110811-00148-1.jpg

Toronto-20110811-00147-1.jpg

I see your also run slicks on 15" Wheels and they look a lot like mine I just got off this site. 28 10.5 15 M/T Slicks how did you get them to fit? I can see you the the fender lip rolled but what about hitting the frame? Thanks for the info Im sure others will want to know as I have some GTA Wheels and may try out your DR idea as well :)
Thanks for the info in advance

Nothing is done with the frame. Just a rolled lip with the proper BS on a 10" rim. My BS is 4 3/8" on my Pro Stars. My back GTA rims has been modified by Brian at G-Body parts. The centers were cut out and fitted with 10" shells. Brian being a Buick guy tested them on a car he had to make sure we had the correct BS. Give him a pm or email to find out more. Whether my DR will work on a stock GTA rim................ that I don't know.

Nothing is done with the frame. Just a rolled lip with the proper BS on a 10" rim. My BS is 4 3/8" on my Pro Stars. My back GTA rims has been modified by Brian at G-Body parts. The centers were cut out and fitted with 10" shells. Brian being a Buick guy tested them on a car he had to make sure we had the correct BS. Give him a pm or email to find out more. Whether my DR will work on a stock GTA rim................ that I don't know.
Where did you find a Pro Star with 4 3/8th back spacing? They come in 3.5 or 4.5 mine are 4.5" Back Spacing :( I think Im going to have to go to a little bit smaller tire like the Hoosier 28 11.5 15 its got a 10" Wide tread and only an 11.5 total width on a 10" rim. the ones I have now are 10.5 tread and 12" Wide on a 10" rim per Jegs any way.

I bought them used off of another board member. But a 4.5" BS will also work. Lots of guys are running them with no frame work either, just a rolled lip.

Back