You can type here any text you want

2k mile car for $34k looks fishey to me

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Little6pack

The Highline Group Specials

I went to see this today. They are calling it a Turbo Regal coupe but the salesman called it a GN.

I noticed 2 things that I am not sure came on a GN. Please correct me..

1) Steering wheel center was a T not a tri sheild? Which should it be?

2) In back seat area there were map lights for passengers in rear seat to be able to read.

Might be a WE-4 with a astroroof? Did you look at the sticker in the trunk? WE-2 is a GN and WE-4 is a blacked out T. The GN has a tri-shield in the horn button. Either way, the car looks pretty clean.

Not sure if opera lights were an option on the WE-2. Anything is possible at this point. Someone will clarify that soon I'm sure.

Whoops, I mean t-tops. GN's had'em, not sure about the WE-4. IF they did, I bet that is rare.

t horn medallion for t's. tri shield for gn's.

inside opera lights for t-tops or moon roof ( because there was no room for the center dome light.)

anyway gn will have silver and black int, chrome wheels, rear spoiler.

I bought my first GN in '92 from the original owner. It had a T on the horn cap. He said it was there when he bought it. :confused:

T not trishield

I bought my first GN in '92 from the original owner. It had a T on the horn cap. He said it was there when he bought it. :confused:

That's the way ours came, the original owner said it came with the T,and he bought it in Feb/88...

i have seen and heard of these cars, looks like is was the end of the production run, and the factory used what ever parts were left.

The Highline Group Specials

I went to see this today. They are calling it a Turbo Regal coupe but the salesman called it a GN.

I noticed 2 things that I am not sure came on a GN. Please correct me..

1) Steering wheel center was a T not a tri sheild? Which should it be?

2) In back seat area there were map lights for passengers in rear seat to be able to read.

My car is a t-top car, it has the rear lights. When in doubt...CARFAX.

In one of Kirban's catalogs he has a photo of a GN that came with a T horn cap instead of the tri-shield. If I remember correctly the interior was still in the delivery plastic so it did happen sometimes.

All T- Top Cars Came With The Opera Lights.. I've Seen Dozens. I'm Not Sure About The Center Cap, All I Know Is I Had One With A T For A While Then Found The Tri Shield One. For Some Reason The Get Removed Or Lost Alot. Most Likely From People Trying To Pull Them Off And Not Knowing There Are 2 Screws Holding Them On.. So Off To Ebay They Go And You Find More Buttons With The T On Them Then The Tri Shield.. :d

the pull strap molding on the driver's door panel appears to be black in the picture (which would make it off an 86 GN) while the passenger side is grey (87 GN)

I'd say thats a legit car. If anything a few cosmetic parts were replaced at one time. I'd also guess that it was repainted at some time.

As far as the T horn cap I'd say that was replaced and they forgot to swap over the emblem. I've never seen a GN with one. And I've seen many,many a GN over the years.Its hard to say but that may be a late build from the VIN sequence. If you aint the original owner than who knows what happened to your horn cap. I bet the PO told you he never raced it either.:rolleyes: This part was by far the most replaced part that was ever installed on a Buick. One good hit on the horn cap at some idiot and the damn thing would break into two pieces. Park your car in the sun for 10 years and the thing would curl up and split. The replacement parts always came with the T emblem. The gray ones did any way. Look in the 44W parts catalog and it even says you have to swap out the emblem.

The only thing I didn't like about that car was those turbo6 floor mats. Check the SPID label for floor mat codes and ask where the originals are at.

Back