2nd Annual Brand X bash being planned

I'll be there too.This time I think I'll drive the car on a trailer.We don't need any bus wrecks this time;) .I hope I can hit some high 10s with the fuel problem fixed.Wouldn't miss this one for the world,had a blast last time.Afraid the LUV won't be ready by then though if its in march.BTW the kids will definitely stay home this time!They like to drove me crazy last time.:D

The track is called Temple Academy Dragway. Here is a link to their site:

http://www.templeacademy.com/

It is about 45 miles North of Austin.

I see you live in Alvin (The home of Nolan Ryan). I went to ACC for about a year. I lived in Pearland for awhile.

I am interested in attending, I don't think it would be too bad a drive for me from San Antonio. I have no car to enter right now but love Buicks.

Originally posted by Tin Man
The track is called Temple Academy Dragway. Here is a link to their site:

http://www.templeacademy.com/

It is about 45 miles North of Austin.

I see you live in Alvin (The home of Nolan Ryan). I went to ACC for about a year. I lived in Pearland for awhile.

How's it going tin man?
I also went to ACC. I hope to make it out there and bring some fellow Buick guys.

Ross

count me in. i had a blast at the last meet. hopefully i will be able to bring my car. i should be only a week or 2 away from start up, but ya'll know how that is....

-jeff

Thanks for starting this thread over hear for the turbo guys mark.

I am working once again on this event I will post dates soon... I am waiting for the track to set there dates and then we will slide right back into there schedule once again. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. I usually don't come over to the turbo site. I am usually on the V8 buick site. feel free to post on the thread mark posted.

More info soon.

I will be there with one other person.

I will be driving my 87 Buick GN.

TE-61 should be here next week. Hopefully no more 13 second slips for me anymore.

Race date correction

ok Ya'll The 10th of April is not the race date --- Reason: It is easter weekend and I am sure there are some people who would prefer to be at home instead of a hotel easter morning. So we are going to move the race to either the last week of march or 1st week of April. Date will be determined shortly- Let everyone know...

Phil

Originally posted by TXGS
Update - Race is April 3rd.

I'm ready! And maybe bringing 2 cars this year just like last year.

I had a blast last year wouldn't miss it for the world. :eek:

And one more thing for this year, I know that Phil has this listed on the V8 Board but we will have sponsors for this years event and will be making Event T-Shirts!

Thanks to our Sponsors

LSPBC
BPG
Tri-Shield Performance
Majestic Turbo
PAE - Jim Burek

Thanks to everyone.

UPDATE: More track info...

Saturday April 3rd

Host Motel info Great Western Inn in Temple (about 10 minutes from the track) Ph # 254-773-1515 $45.00 per night

Temple Academy Dragway $12 gate Admission $15.00 to Race Gates open around 8am, Racing starts around 3pm Get there early lunch will be served around 12noon

Everyone will run in the Street class. Note: Last year with about 20 Buicks, the field was about 80 cars! Buybacks available. Track pays $ 300.00 for 1st $ 150.00 for 2nd and $ 50.00 for 3rd.

Club/Sponsors pay $200.00 for the Buick that goes the furthest in competition and $ 100.00 for runner-up.

Also if you would like a T-shirts, They will be available for $15 at the track.

Attendance

Well it looks like we'll more than double our attendance from last year:eek:

With Sponsor help from BPG, Tri-Shield, PAE, Majestic Turbo and the LSPBC this should be a nice event.

Event shirts, prize money & Buicks What else is there!

We have received great response from the LSPBC list, the Houston Buick list, the V8 Board, this board, I have even posted on the Oklahoma Buick list.

Spread the word The Buicks are coming The Buicks are coming

David Newton
LSPBC Vice-Pres

Updae...

i got the car running and i expect to have it race ready by april. lets see if i can rip off som low 12 sec ets...

-jeff

Adding more sponsors for our Brand X Bash

The current list is:

PAE - Jim Burek
Tri-Shield Performance
Majestic Turbo of Dallas
Buick Performance Group
LSPBC
Mid-Cities Roofing - Mike Sonnamaker a LSPBC member

Thanks to everyone see ya soon.

David Newton
LSPBC Vice-Pres.