You can type here any text you want

3 1/2 dash speakers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wile87

BEEP BEEP MY ASS
can anyone tell me what brand of speakers will fit into dash w/no mods and still sound good

Polk Audio db351

I just put a set of these in a few weeks ago. Like someone on here suggested, I put the clips on the speaker and then hung them under the dash. Fit just fine. The speaker grill would've set flat if it wasn't warped from the speakers a previous owner put in. :mad:

db351 Car Audio Speaker from Polk Audio

i am subscribed to this as well

I would like to know what is recommended for a moderate upgrade of speakers in our Buicks.
I have heard that the components that include a 5.25 door speaker and a 1.0 dash tweeter wired with a crossover and amplified are the choice.
Also, has anyone found quality 4x10's for the rear deck?
What are the masses listening through these days?
thanks
Jim

I used a pair of Alpine 3.5's with a pair of Polk 6X9's in the rear on 4X10 adapters. Sounds pretty good, but then again how often do I listen to the radio? ;)

I got a pair of pioneers up in the dash, Sony's in the door, and Sony 6x9"s in the rear deck.

Clarion makes an inexpensive speaker that will fit your dash no problem.
They sound better than a lot of the competitors in their price range. ;)

My personal opinion is that 6x9's or 4x10's or any oval type of speaker sound crappy compared to any round midrange speaker. A good 6.5" component setup will blow any 6x9 out of the water anyday in sound quality. 6x9's give an 80's kinda feel, reminds me of someone driving in an Iroc blasting Winger or something:D I mean, it IS an 80's car, and if thats your style, go for it. For simplicity sake its the best option. In my old car, i used Kicker 3.5's in the front, 1 6.5" component setup in a custom homemade pod in each door, and 2-way 6x9's in the rear....and I know that contradicts what I said, but already had em;) Sounded great, all the high range frequencies were crystal clear, and even though 6x9's suck, gave pretty good fill. And also had 2 CVR 12's in the back

My personal opinion is that 6x9's or 4x10's or any oval type of speaker sound crappy compared to any round midrange speaker. A good 6.5" component setup will blow any 6x9 out of the water anyday in sound quality.

I agree on the oval speakers. I made custom aluminum plates and mounted a Polk 5 1/4" coax to the outside and a 5 1/4" woofer to the inside in each 4 x 10 (expanded) opening. Four channel amp and the sound is outstanding. :biggrin:

i have 4 4 way 350 watt 6x9 pioneers mounted on the rear deck and they sound pretty damn good with the old fosgate punch 75 on them

can anyone tell me what brand of speakers will fit into dash w/no mods and still sound good

just get a sick set of component speakers, put the mid in the stock concert sound speaker location and put the tweeter in the 3.5" dash speaker spot. It will be worth it to invest in 1 nice set of components rather then buy 4 separate speakers imho. just mho though.

ds

Back