You can type here any text you want

3.625" stroker crank, 5.960" rods, but piston calls for 6.350" rods???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MNwe4

Would it be possible to set up a combo like this? What would you have to do to make it work and why? I'm sort of double checking what the engine shop is putting into my motor. Having work done long distance is stressful, sheesh.

It won't work. The piston pin height is off by .390". You either need to get a longer rod or the correct piston.

Neal

It won't work. The piston pin height is off by .390". You either need to get a longer rod or the correct piston.

Neal

Right, that's what I thought which is why I'm confused on what the builder is doing unless he has some other stroker piston from Wiseco that's not listed on their website. Would the parts physically fit and function properly, just not travel far enough up in the cylinder? Probably wouldn't make any sense, but maybe the top of the block has been milled down some? Looks like some more phone calls are in order.

If he goes to assemble the engine he's going to find the piston 3/8" below the deck surface at TDC. You can put it together but it won't work. Have you expressed your concern to him?

Neal

I have. Maybe he's just mixing up my build with other ones he has going. The guy seems to be going a million miles and hour all the time. I'll just have to make more phone calls and be more assertive. Thanks.

I highly doubt Wiseco has every piston they make listed on their site.

Back