You can type here any text you want

3.8 motor going in the s10

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

s108202

well im going to put my 3.8 motor i have from a MONTE CARLO in the s10 because i ran in to some problems on the 283 so now im going to do a mild build up on my 3.8 my ?'s are

im doing a mild build so should i use a after market timeing and lifters or just a cam also will the 4.3 vortec heads fit seens it a 90* v6 too if so what year 4.3 heads should i use im looking in to a new intake and carb too also as far as motor mounts could i use the stock frame motor mounts from a 4.3 and who makes a good header as far as price and how good it really is

will the 3.8 motor bolt up to my 2.5 trans to if so what kind of work will be needed

what all do i need to run no ecm im thanking maybe all new wire the s10 wire has seen better days + im thaning about a aftermarket HIGH-PERFORMANCE ELECTRONIC IGNITION SYSTEM and a DISTRIBUTORwhat other stuff should i use and waht all do i need to make it driveabel on the road any info i get i can use to get a better ideal

note im runing a 84 Monte Carlo 3.8 v6 motor in the s10 im waning to use aftermarket mph and rpm gauges so someone told me the 90 4.3 trans had waht i need will that work

The Chevy 4.3 and Buick 3.8 are very different. Heads won't swap. I believe their might be some challenges to getting a Buick V6 into an S10. Some have made the swap using 86/87 SFI/Turbo motors. Check the Hybrid section of the **************** board . I think there is an active thread about this going on now.

Question is, is it the buick 3.8 at 231ci or a chevy 3.8 at 229ci? That might change the story on the heads?

that car should have the 229 chevy v6

distribitur in the back on chevy, looks like a sb chevy just shorter

not worth the swap really...better to do a 4.3 if your going to put a chevy v6 in it

neither the 229 or the 4.3 will bolt to a 2.8 tranny if it was a 2.5 older ones where the same bellhousing you should be able to tell if its a chevy pattern bellhousing by looking at it

its a chevy 229 v6 and im puting it in because its in good shape im working on puting some new goodys on it and a turbo i know 4.3 would be better but a 3.8 in good shape for only 60.00 cant beat that

Back