You can type here any text you want

3.8 or 4.1 stroker

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

USMC_Turbo6

What is the different I'm the 3.8 and 4.1 stroker kit. Which would be the best and easiest to do. I would like to do a 4.1 but its hard to get a kit. I called dsl and they don't just sell the kit you have to get your motor built there. How many inches will a 4.1 be after you stroke it. That's the 291 block I'm talking about.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing-a274 cu in #4291 block, full throttle sells the stroker kits-you would just have to use different size diamond pistons than the 3.8. I would think you would end up with alot more lower end torque plus be able to use a larger cam and turbo.

Thank for the help I know is more to it but, 4.02 piston would be the right size I think. I was thinking putting a gridle, billet main 1-3, crank scraper, 215/220 cam amd the top end off my motor know. I'm going to need all the help I can get so I hope that I can hit you up from time to time if I need help.

If you...

like some reading material to familiarize yourself w/ he build, there is the budget build on turbobuicks.com and www.bacomatic.org/~dw/bp41/bp41.html by Bruce Plecan.They will give you a good handle on it.

How much of the build are you planning on doing?

You don't have to guess piston sizes and the last thing that you want to do is buy a piston and then bore the block to fit it. Never know, the 4.1 that you find could have a bore smaller than 4 inches and you would be wasting several rebuilds worth of bore metal. I think the 3.8 can be in the 249 - 255 range and the 4.1 can be 270 - 276. These numbers are dependent on bore, crank stroke and other variables. Many stroker kits out there, I heard that the DLS set up was closest to "drop in " ready.

That's good to know. Will I'm going to strat the build soon so I will need help and info from you all

thanks I will be staring the build soon and getting parts. I'm going to need all the help and info that I can get thanks Guys

Back