3.8 turbo swap in 91 Camaro

I will take the heads, valve train, and valve covers for sure. Sounds like a great deal. Are you needing any parts, I am parting out this 86 gn and could bring some stuff down and pick up those heads one of these weekends. As far as the vacume brakes are concerned, I just tapp into the plastic vacume block to run my vacum booster. SO it sounds like the major expenses are, motor mounts, ac lines and set up, exhaust including headers, and downpipe. Should cost around 6k to do this project without rebuilding my current trans or rearend. This is going to be expensive but fun!

Email Roc87. He did a complete swap between an 86 GN and a 87 Iroc (formerly a 305 carb motor) he could tell you all the in's and out's (probably). There are a lot of little things that can hang you up. I saw the car before during and after and while it seems like a somewhat ease swap (with there being a turbo F-body from the factory with the pace car), it's not as ease or simple as it really looks. I know motor mounts were a huge pain. Hope things work out for you...

It's a great swap! Swapped everything from the '86 to my '87 Iroc-Z convertible. The wiring harness from the '86 T-Type was used, with the only cutting done to splice into the bulkhead of camaro. As long as you have a wiring diagram of the '91 camaro, splicing the harness from the GN is no big deal. You'll have to splice some things on the dash harness side of the Ecm also. Motormounts were the biggest PITA! You'll also need to fab some fuel lines and install a good fuel pump. Let me know if you need anything!

What about these Motor Mounts from John's Performance.com
large-ttamounts.jpg

Those are the motormounts that I have(I got my from HRPartsNStuf though).

John is probly a distro for them?

Originally posted by leirch
Those are the motormounts that I have(I got my from HRPartsNStuf though).

John is probly a distro for them?

Hey I have forgotten about those pics. My ISP has been down for a few days, damn comcast. I'm on a friends computer. I'll get them to you in a few days :)

Sorry i havent gotten back with anyone lately. Ive had a bad case of the flu and work has been aweful. I can send a check for those heads and have them shipped or I can come to Wichita, doesnt matter to me. How bout some AC lines and prices?

Originally posted by LSTTYPE
Sorry i havent gotten back with anyone lately. Ive had a bad case of the flu and work has been aweful. I can send a check for those heads and have them shipped or I can come to Wichita, doesnt matter to me. How bout some AC lines and prices?

Nah just pick them up when you come to Wichita, I checked and they do have rockers on them but I dont have any Valve covers after all.

Phil

Sounds good. Ill just have to come up with a time when I can come down to get them. You dont happen to have TTA headers also do you?

Tony!

Wheres the love man? :p

Anyways, update, car runs good. Was having problems with Fuel pressure issues(lack there of). Put a billet AFPR on and now hold 45lbs of pressure(62lbs in boost). Runs GREAT now.

LOL, I didn't forget about you man, my internet just came up late yesterday :D

I'll get those pics to you today or tomorrow :)