3.8na to turbo?

stocksuspension

hows it going guys im new to site but not new to working on cars. im a technitian by trade. o have an 85 reagal. what i want to do is basically do a turbo/86-87 set up. is there any differences between the the block from an 85na to 86 turbo? can i bolt a set of turbo heads on an 85? im not looking for big power/ race car. already have one. just want a fun turbo regal. any pointers, warnings, comments accepted

Little difference in the blocks, could be use though. Heads are of same basic castings, crank does not have rolled fillets on rods but some use them anyway, cast n/a piston is your biggest weak link, rods are the same and some where you would have to have a return line in block for turbo oil drain back. They can be tapped but you would want to do it with the engine a part so you could clean up all shavings. Think that about it.

yea if i was to go that route i would definatly overhaul the engine. i would go with atleast a hyper piston. who makes a decent stroker kit for a 3.8?

If possible...

go the donor route, as it would be so much easier. Don't know how much you want to spend, but the donor vehicle would provide everything youi would need. wiring harness, brf tranny, 8.5" rear, the better intake and intercooler.
As far as the stroker kit, fullthrottlespeed offers a complete kit and so does weber racing. Should be able to find both on the home page. Also, check out the parts for sale, or the cars for sale section. sometimes you can get the entire engine from ecm to oil pan for $2500.
Oh and by the way, Welcome to the forum.:cool: