3.90 Richmond Gears for sale

Spooled231

Guys,

I have a set of Richmond 3.90 8.5 inch 10 bolt gears for sale that we pulled out of the rear end a year ago to go back to 3.42. The 3.90's were already in the rear end when I bought it as he was upgrading to a F*rd 9inch. The wear pattern is excellent and no missing teeth on the ring and pinion gears.

I will take $50 bucks plus shipping. Money order and Paypal accepted.

Thanks
John Martin
1986 Buick T-type
10.79 @ 126
6.81 @ 101

Hi I'm interested in the gears,but I'm just a little wary about putting used gears in can you give a little more info on them please.thanks

gears

Griswald,

There is nothing really wrong of putting in a used gears in a car. Long as the pinion and ring gear are a "matched" pair, then there would not be a problem of them not working correctly, long as the pinion depth and backlash of the ring are set correctly. The only time of when you get the excessively whining noise is when the pinion depth or backlash are not set correctly or a mis matched pair of ring and pinion.

I know both of these as a fact as my borther put a mis matched pair 4.10's in his 86 IROC making them noisey at all times and us putting 3.73's in my car years ago and the pinion depth being too deep would cause noise on de-acceleration.

The gears were only in the rear end for a year when my friend had it at the time. Then I bought the rearend and swapped to a 3.42 set and the 3.90 have been sitting in the box for a year now. I had a well known performance shop here in Dallas do the swap as this is all they specialize in.

Thanks
John

Thanks Gris!!

I replied back to your email. Just let me know what the zip code is so that I can take care of the shipping