You can type here any text you want

3 bar map sensor from TTA, which design?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1st and goal

Looks like I need a 3 bar map sensor as I'm seeing 18 PSI on my 383 and I see that 89 TTA's came from the factory with a 3 bar map sensor.

When I called my local GM dealer, they told me there were two designs.
1st design is part # 16040749
2nd design is part # 12223861

Which one do I want that will fit my LT-1 intake?

Thanks,
Marc

I don't know what the difference is but neither one goes into the intake. They attach to the inner fenderwell and you run a vacuum hose from intake to sensor.

They will both fit your intake, just put an o-ring on the vacuum port. I would not necesarrily change the MAP just because you are visiting 18 psi. If the car is mostly street driven, you might be better off keeping the 2 bar with the better resolution. The 3 bar isn't just a "plug & play" it will involve some tweaking to several tables. Just food for thought.

So Cal, you just put the map sensor bung into a hole in the intake? What keeps it in? Doesn't the manifold heat bother it over time? (I'm sorry if I Was wrong but I've never seen it done this way.)

On a LT-1 the stock Map sensor is bolted to the intake with the vacuum port stuck in a hole in the intake. When/if I switch to a 90mm TB, I planned on running a vacuum log with the map sensor mounted the same way.

Originally posted by HighPSI
They will both fit your intake, just put an o-ring on the vacuum port. I would not necesarrily change the MAP just because you are visiting 18 psi. If the car is mostly street driven, you might be better off keeping the 2 bar with the better resolution. The 3 bar isn't just a "plug & play" it will involve some tweaking to several tables. Just food for thought.

Cal,
Thanks, after further thought I'm going to keep the 2 bar.

I met one of your customers at last years LT1 vs. LS1 shootout. Can't recall his name but he had the Impalla SS and he spoke highly of you ;)

Thanks,
Marc

Back