3" down pipe?

Brasco

Who still makes the nicest made and best fitting 3" downpipes with the cat delete dumppipe for the internal wastegates with the largest puck? Need one and want to by right the first time.
Thanks Donny

Did you look at RJC, they have a nice 3'' stainless . I am ordering one this week I will let you know how it fits.

I have the TIGMASTERS 3'' dp from RJC and it's definitly a quality piece. It looks great and fit was fine. I still have the stock turbo, so I had to make a plate to sandwich between the turbo and the dp

i bought the gbodyparts.com 3" pipe and it fit great and looks friggin sweet. Plus i noticed a huge difference in performance after i installed it. with the stock dp from a dead stop i would nail it and the car would accelerate and then the tires would break loose once the turbo spooled up. now if i just mash it from a stop the tires just instantle go up in smoke. the turbo spools way faster for sure.

I have the TIGMASTERS 3'' dp from RJC and it's definitly a quality piece. It looks great and fit was fine. I still have the stock turbo, so I had to make a plate to sandwich between the turbo and the dp

Why did you need the plate with the stock turbo? I'm interested in the downpipe and have a stock turbo also.

Rob

I have RJC's SS pipe as well (Tigmasters, whatever). It's definitely a quality part. Looks great, thick steel (makes the China-made ones look like tin foil) and fit perfectly.

Jim

can you put a 3" DP on a stock turbo?If so does it bolt right up or do you have to modify?

Why did you need the plate with the stock turbo? I'm interested in the downpipe and have a stock turbo also.

Rob

You might want to talk to RJC racing about this directly, but the way I understand, their dp was made to clear a GTQ exhaust housing. the bolt pattern was exact, but the flange was slightly larger than my stock turbo(Maybe 1/8" at top). I cut a 1/16" piece of stainless with an outside shape of dp and an inside shape of my stock turbo to sandwich in between. Works fine but maybe rjc has this part if you ask! I still recomend the dp, it's high quality and made in USA!!

I second the gbodyparts.com DP fit perfect and performs well. Hell it even fit with my crappy china headers which Im getting rid of. I'll never stray from the advice of the board members again.

You might want to talk to RJC racing about this directly, but the way I understand, their dp was made to clear a GTQ exhaust housing. the bolt pattern was exact, but the flange was slightly larger than my stock turbo(Maybe 1/8" at top). I cut a 1/16" piece of stainless with an outside shape of dp and an inside shape of my stock turbo to sandwich in between. Works fine but maybe rjc has this part if you ask! I still recomend the dp, it's high quality and made in USA!!

Thanks. That is what I was thinking (due to the GTQ wheel).

Rob

They haven't really hyped it yet, but, Nick Micale and TA are now producing TH style 3" downpipes. I just received one. Haven't installed it yet, but it appears to be very high quality which you would expect from Nick and TA.
Additionally, I thought Tigmasters was officially out of business. Not sure who Jason is getting his from now. A good rule of thumb is.... If it's polished, it probably came out of China. HTH, Scott

has anyone tried Kirban's 3" DP that bolts up directly to the stock turbo elbow...for $185 it seems tough to beat. I might be ordering one up soon.

has anyone tried Kirban's 3" DP that bolts up directly to the stock turbo elbow...for $185 it seems tough to beat. I might be ordering one up soon.

I replaced a setup like that with my RJC pipe. the old setup probebly worked o.k. but the stock turbo elbow seemed restrictive plus mine leaked were it bolted to the 3" pipe. I was happy to get rid of that elbow all together!!

I replaced a setup like that with my RJC pipe. the old setup probebly worked o.k. but the stock turbo elbow seemed restrictive plus mine leaked were it bolted to the 3" pipe. I was happy to get rid of that elbow all together!!

Exactly correct. The stock elbow is both restrictive and a leak source.

Go with gbody's downpipe- great fit and finish.

Talked to Nick yesterday from Arizona GN and they make a 3'' downpipe AMERICAN made all stainless . Ordering mine soon.;)

the stock DP is 2.5
Is it the size of the pipe that helps or getting rid of the stock "EL"

All of my exhaust is 2.5
Would i really see a gain from a 3 inch DP on a 98% stock combo?