3" drop to much?

CopGn

I originally put in 5662 springs and the front went up 3". It looks easy. Cruising the Monte Carlo board I found out S-10 springs will lower a G-Body 1". So 2" drop on an S-10 will suposedly be 3". Now for the questions. Will the lighter V6 of the GN make any difference over the V8 in other G-bodies? Will the 3" drop be too low and cause the car rub?

HERE are the springs in question.

I dont think the weight difference from our v6 to a v8 is enough to see a difference in ride height using the same springs. If it will drop the front 3" i'd say its going to be too low especially if your going to upgrade to bigger wheels, See pics below my car is down 2" in the front and 1.5" in the rear.

Actually I was running belltech 2" drop spindles with factory replacement springs in the pic, However I did replace the front springs with G-Body Diesel engine springs to bring it up slightly and stiffen it, I would recommend doing the same if you go the spindle route. P.S handling was improved after the spring change a noticeable amount.

I had V8 regal springs and put the gn drivetrain in and the car sat slightly higher in front than a stock GN - I cut em.

If you are going to lower car, use dropped spindles. Otherwise, you will lose precious wheel travel and suspension will bottom out all the time. A real bummer!
Conrad Carter

If you are going to lower car, use dropped spindles. Otherwise, you will lose precious wheel travel and suspension will bottom out all the time. A real bummer!
Conrad Carter