You can type here any text you want

30" tires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

What modifications does it take to fit 315/60/15's on a TR?

Frame notch and fender roll? Or will they rub?

If anyone has any photos of their 30" tires i would love to see them.

Thanks guys

An extreme frame notch to the back of the frame rail. correct offset and trimmed wheel well lips. Thats the only way. You will also have to mini tub or strech the stock wheel wells.

I run the 295 65s and they are tight. My notch is not as extreme so it limits where I can put the tire in the well. My car is some what low in the back. BTW 295's are huge.. 315s are even huger..LOL

Here is a pic.

Attachments

• 295-65.JPG
    295-65.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 347
Awesome Louie, with the 295's (30" tires) how did you et's change between the 28" tires? What about launching, highway cruising rpm's,

Would you happen to have a side profile of the car with those tires.

How much is the car lowered or do you have a measurement from the ground to the fender?

I really like the look of all that meat under the fender, but now it is simply a debate as to wheather i buy 325's or 315's

Thanks alot for the help.

Adrian

Louie, thank you very much for the photos.

I this exactly the look i am going for, Just a little tucked under the wheel well.

Also, when you rolled the fenders, did you roll the whole entire fender, by that i mean all the way down to the lowermost part of the quarter panel (front and rear) or only on the upper half of the wheel.

awesome car by the way.

Could i ask a huge favor from you; could i get you a measure the height from the ground to the bottom of the fender. This will give me a good idea as to how much i need to lower the car to achieve the ame setup.

Here are the numbers.. I avreaged both sides as they are withing 1/4 in from side to side.
Front 25 1/2
Rear 27 1/2

The rear fender lips are both cut and rolled. They had to be rolled almost to the bottom of the fender edge.

100_1191.jpg

Awesome Louie, It appears that the car has been lowered 2.5"

I know many people will say that lowering a vehicle hurts 60ft times, but i believe that if you have the correct spring rate, it shouldn't matter.

With you 150 springs, what tpye of 60' times have you cut? and what type of boost are you launching at?

Thank you so very mush for your help, it is truely priceless. Not many people like to stuff 30" tires under their cars, and you definetely are making this much easier for me.

Louie,

Your car looks great!!!

How deep is your notch? I recall you saying in the past it was to the seam, is it still there or did you redo it?

I did mine just past the seam (and wide enough for a tall tire), just wondering if I can fit something this size.

Will it clear with stock wheel housings/tubs, or did you need to modify them?

Looks great!!!

I have yet to get some good runs on the car. I just finished this current run of suspension stuff on Saturday. I feel that The spindles should not hurt on a car that will have little to no front suspension travel. Rear set up is more important, especially with radials. Lots G bodies doing it with spindles.

Most drag radial G bodys are very tight on the front end travel. If not they will just wheelie all over town. I do not have any front suspension tie downs just yet. The reason is that I will not be launching the car to its full potential until the rear end swap has been done.

3.5 psi launches will be the norm for now and then Ill play with the boost curve after launch.

Rick,
The notch is still the same but I did have to modify it because the tires were so tall. But the original depth has been kept. I did modify the tubs for extra clearace. I only added maybe just over one inch, but the front most section and rear most section is where the difference is. I was able to tweak the contour somewhat for extra space.

Louie, would you happen to have photos of your massaged inner fenders. I am curious where you had to bang them into shape. I am not talking about the fender lip, but tubs themselves.

Thanks alot

Adrian

Adrian, they are not massaged. They used to be with the 28x10.5 slicks. But I have moved the inners in about 1 in.

Dont have pics tho.

oh okay, so you are saying that front to back there is enough room, but the only thing that needs to be done deepening the wheel wells (closer to the center of the car).

Kinda not really ..lol..

When you look at the inner fender you will notice that the front and rear most of the inner fender tapers outwards towards the tire. This is where the main issue comes in with a tall tire. Some clearance can be gained with a big hammer.. But I just needed to move the tubs in.

The tires have enough clearance at stock ride height, the problem is when you lower it.

Back