You can type here any text you want

325's out back...thoughts on what I should run up front?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fullahotair

Anyone have any suggestions for what size tire would look good up front if i am running a 325/50 Mickey T in the rear on a billet specialties Street Lite 15x10 with 5.5 bs. The fronts are a Street lite 15 x7 with 3.5 bs. I am NOT looking for the pizza cutter look up front. I think i would like a mild rake to the car with the wheel well filled up, but not so the ass end is a mile high in the air...

A couple thoughts i had was something like a P215/65/15 or a 230/60?

Here is a pic of the stance before the new rims and tires are going...this is with 215/60's up front and 245/60's in the back...

Thanks
Nate

Attachments

• 072008PicDownload 958.jpg
    072008PicDownload 958.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 299
215 x 70 x 15" which are 27" tall about 1" less than the 325 x 50 15 s in the rear.

What looks good and what fits may be two different things. The taller the front tire, the more likely you're going to contact the inner fenderwell on bumps. Offset of the wheel makes a difference as well. I would do a mock up first...... jack up the front end, put stands under the a-arms to simulate the vehicle weight on the suspension. Check the tire clearance with what you already have, put the new wheels on there and measure as well. Better to do that than buy all new stuff only to have them cause other issues.

49-blues - good call on that tire size....as that would give me 1" rake.

Joe 1320 - also a good point - once i get the rear frame notched and those wheels mounted, i'll put on the other wheels i have and do some measuring..

Any other tire size suggestions?

Thanks
Nate

The pic in my sig uses a 295/50/15 (26.7" tall) on the rear, 235/60/15 (26.1" tall) on the front. The difference in what appears to be a little over half an inch is noticeable.

the 325/50/15 tire is 27.9" tall, I might suggest a 225/70/15 (27.4" tall)

In my honest opinion, any more of a rake really starts making the brake handling worse. Some do it, I just don't care for it.

Joe,

Thanks for insight. Do you have any larger pics of your car you can send me? Knipenm@gmail.com

The other thing I'll have to keep in mind are what springs are in the car. I know they are new moog springs, just don't know which flavor. Springs will give also factor in on the stance....

Nate

Don't mean to hijack.

Joe 1320, are those Champ 500s in your sig photo?

My buddy ran those on his '84 GN waaay back in '89.

I've always liked those rims.

*thumbs up*

Joe,

Thanks for insight. Do you have any larger pics of your car you can send me? Knipenm@gmail.com

The other thing I'll have to keep in mind are what springs are in the car. I know they are new moog springs, just don't know which flavor. Springs will give also factor in on the stance....

Nate

Nate, most of mine are still stored on the hard drive of a crashed computer. However, here's one....

gn_rt_side.jpg

Don't mean to hijack.

Joe 1320, are those Champ 500s in your sig photo?

My buddy ran those on his '84 GN waaay back in '89.

I've always liked those rims.

*thumbs up*

Thanks!

They are clones of the Champ 500s. I seem to remember them being American Racing, but it was 18 years ago when I bought them. The most difficult part to get was the thread on spinner.

Nate, most of mine are still stored on the hard drive of a crashed computer. However, here's one....

gn_rt_side.jpg

Thanks!

They are clones of the Champ 500s. I seem to remember them being American Racing, but it was 18 years ago when I bought them. The most difficult part to get was the thread on spinner.

My buddy got his '84 stolen and recovered TWICE. :eek:

The second time it was snagged the thieves got a flat, and left the Champ somewhere behind. They put the stock spare on it.

Now my bud has 3 Champs sitting in the garage. :frown: (He runs them on the rear of his '66 SS 396 Chevelle, once in a while)

Crooks were never caught. (both times) :mad:

Again..sorry to hijack.

The pic in my sig uses a 295/50/15 (26.7" tall) on the rear, 235/60/15 (26.1" tall) on the front. The difference in what appears to be a little over half an inch is noticeable.

the 325/50/15 tire is 27.9" tall, I might suggest a 225/70/15 (27.4" tall)

In my honest opinion, any more of a rake really starts making the brake handling worse. Some do it, I just don't care for it.

There is roughly a 1/2" difference in the tire which means the front would sit a 1/4" lower than it would if all 4 tires were the same size. Do you know what factory "rake" was? I don't know where one would measure...I would guess at the wheel arches?

Thanks for your help...
Nate

As it sits on the pic up above.... there is roughly 0.5" diff in tire dia. (26.57" in the back, and 26" in the front), so thats roughly a 1/4" rake.

With 325's, going to a 225/70 would put be me pretty close to existing stance just a bit higher overall, with a (27.9" in the back and a 27.4" in the front).

I think what I'll do, since I have a 245/60 (i.e. a 26.57" tire) and a 215/65 ( 26") mounted on some rims, I'll get the 325's out back, and then mount up the other spares and see how it looks....and post up pics....

My initial thought is that i would like to fill the gap between the top of the tire and front fender a little....

Nate

Back