3800 with water in cylinders

bison said:
And yes there are a few guys in the counrtry running the 4L80-E behind the buick v-6 turbo. BTW its not a simple changeover or cost wise for most.

If a person were to use a 3800 series II motor the 4L80-E would be a bolt up though. Although you probly know that. :)

sean Buick 76 said:
If a person were to use a 3800 series II motor the 4L80-E would be a bolt up though. Although you probly know that. :)
no it wouldn't... a 4L60E out of an F-body would though. 4L80E's use the Chevy bellhousing boltpattern. The F-body shares the GM FWD bolt pattern used on every FWD except the Northstar.

Thanks for the clearification. What about using a FWD motor in my car. What are the mounting differences in motor mounts ect?

sean Buick 76 said:
Thanks for the clearification. What about using a FWD motor in my car. What are the mounting differences in motor mounts ect?
Big enough that I'd not want to try it without some serious down time and fab skills. Its not just the mounts, its also the oilpan. A problem I'm having trying to imagine how to put a 4.1L Turbo6 into a 1st Generation Riviera. Motor mounts, 64 LeSabre 300 frame pads and HHR Poly mounts, tranny already in the right spot, just the blasted centersump oilpan requirement.