3rd Brake Light

QWK GN

My 3rd brake light is out, I checked the power at the blue wire in the connector in trunk and my test light barely lights up. Checked power at brake switch and full power at the blue wire.. I know there is another connector around the fuse box that the blue wire from the brake switch goes to. Where is this connector?
Thanks- John O

Connector C209, sits vertical on the left side of the fuse block. Pin J:

D - YEL LH brake/turn
E - DK GRN RH brake/turn
F - BRN tail & license plate lights
G - LT GRN backup lights
H - PNK fuel level gauge sender
J - LT BLU 3rd brake light
K - COPPER fuel pump
L - ORG +12 volts for pwr Locks, vanity mirror & trunk light (cig/clock fuse)
M - TAN LH jamb switch for key warning
N - WHT interior lights (courtesy)
P - BLK seat belt switch

RemoveBeforeFlight

After testing power at C209 and the switch, I was able to get the light to work sometimes. After using test light to verify power at switch ,It seems the brake switch has a intermittent short. I've owned this car since new and Just don't see it as the old car it is. I'll be picking up a new switch

You can open the switch and clean it. The grease usually dries out and becomes an insulator. I use a touch of Super Lube or dielectric grease to re-lube it. Just open it slowly once the tabs are lifted, there is a spring inside.

The reverse light and P/N ECM switch is the same way.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Thanks for the info. I already order a new switch from Advance. When I get the old one out ,I'll relube it and see what happens.

finally got around to swapping out the switch. All is good now. I opened the old switch and it was gummed up. I'll clean and relube it and put in my stash of parts.