4.1 blocks

rw87tt

Are 4.1 blocks worth getting? Found one in a yard that is a 291 casting. In the same yard I scored a 109 block that was in a 87 buick regal and it also had the turbo crank in it. The block or crank had not been machined at all and it looked clean. I was thinking about getting the 4.1 if the block or crank aren't machined. I am currently doing my 3.8 but a econo 4.1 build would be nice if there is such a thing. Thanks.

Looks like over Holloween some one was digging up bones.....:biggrin:

Get all of them if you can,.. Nothing here at the bone yards in KC....

Cant seem to find anything.

Well, i did find a 4.1 car with the 4bbl, thought it was a 4.1 and looked at the block and it turned out to be a 3.8.

I went back the next weekend and ALL the cars were new and that was it for me

BW

Blocks

I found a 3.8 109 block about 6 months ago that I wound up using due to my original block being cracked. It had been a long while since I found any worth pulling. They had been already bored. You never know what you'll find in these places. My other car (DD) is a 92 Laser RS AWD and I look for stuff for it too. All my cars need fixing or paint. Thanks for the feed back.

lucky lucky. hasnt been a 4.1 around my parts for years........... id grab it for sure! even if you dont want it, somebody does! turn around and sell it.

A.j.

rmar

Hey, I'm always digging. A junk yard is like a box of choclate. You never know what you're gonna get. I'll probably get this 4.1 if it's still there. I hope.

what did the 4.1 come in? What are the advantages over a 109? What cars did the 109. Come in?

what did the 4.1 come in? What are the advantages over a 109? What cars did the 109. Come in?

3.8s were in late 85 all 86 87 and 88 G-bodies(cutlass, regal, monte, grand prix)

4.1 was in the 83 up big cars, easiest to spot is the 4bbl carb on the v6

You could do a search on gnttype, there is a article that lists every car the motors came in.
The 4.1 has the turbo crank in it

BW

i just took the engine out of my 84 T. the guy i bought it off of said it was a 87gn motor. but the block number says 25514290. is this a good block to build?

really the 4.1 came with a turbo crank i have a complete 4.1 that came out off my 82 grand national but it spun a main bearing and the lifter valley is cracked so i figured i would just throw a 383 in it