You can type here any text you want

4.1` off center

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

49-blues

i believe the #153 block is a on center 4.1 block- were there any 4.1 off-center stage 2 blocks made? if so what #s?

Sure there were, i have one. #016. Oddly enough though, there were a couple of on-center 016's cast as well, even though this was supposed to be a stage 1 number....

turbo_canuck said:
Sure there were, i have one. #016. Oddly enough though, there were a couple of on-center 016's cast as well, even though this was supposed to be a stage 1 number....

I have an oncenter 2550016 block, pretty neat. There is a stage? block on e-bay right now with a funky casting #. I have no idea what it is and apparently neither does the seller.

The block casting # for the Stage I and Stage II Offcenter block is the same. The info on the Turbo Regal website is wrong and confuses people. As far as an XXX016 casting On center goes I suppose it's possible since it's all in the machining as to where the bores end up in reference to the rod journals. I know Ted A said he had one that Stu now owns.

Neal

turbo_canuck said:

Is it possible to use 4.1 stage 2 internals in a 4.1 #484 production block or is everything sized differently?

49-blues said:
Is it possible to use 4.1 stage 2 internals in a 4.1 #484 production block or is everything sized differently?
Short answer yes with one major caveat, you can't use on-center Stage II stuff without reworking it.
The only things that are stage specific are the lifters (oiling differences), cams (due to the heads not the block), and on-center rods and pistons. Get with Weber racing for a nice package using a new forged crank, forged rods and custom pistons which is what you are going to need for a 4.1 anyway.

I think that is the route i will be taking anyway- just trying to understand the options. would the stage off center rods and pistons work with the #484 4.1?

750H.P.V6 said:
Stu,

Is this what you're talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buic...yZ107063QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like Stage zero to me. I've seen pics of similar blocks. They are conversation pieces at best. I'd say someone is trying to cash in on the unimformed. Ebay you gotta love it. :(

Neal

No, I hope I am a little bit more well-versed with these things to tell the difference between a stock block and a stage motor by looking at them. :D
Its e-bay item number 4596634845. Sorry for no link. Look at the add and tell me what you think about it. :)

turbo_canuck said:
it's the same one, so quit arguing u guys! :p

Oh wow, I really need to limit the crack smoking! :eek: Sorry for being so dumb neal., yes that is obviously the one I am talking about. Back under my rock..... :o

Pretty crazy stuff. Be cool to get a organization to buy all this experimental stuff and set up a tent at BG with it.

Probably get admission $$ to see it all.

Big Stu said:
I have an oncenter 2550016 block, pretty neat. There is a stage? block on e-bay right now with a funky casting #. I have no idea what it is and apparently neither does the seller.

And now I know who is selling this, I take back what I said. Sorry chris..... :)

Big Stu said:
And now I know who is selling this, I take back what I said. Sorry chris..... :)

No worries stu. :) I'm trying to sell this for a buddy of mine. Dont have much info on the block besides that the casting # & that it weighs the same As a Stage I/II.

Back