You can type here any text you want

4.1 production block ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LOT

Anyone have a 4.1 production block with stock or after market pistons in it so they can measure how deep the piston is in bore when @ TDC? Thanks--Lee

I had a few questions about the 4.1 engine setup a while back. boostingbuick built a 4.1 engine for his Grand National and he was kind enough to help me. You might send a private message to him or maybe he will pop in.

Anyone have a 4.1 production block with stock or after market pistons in it so they can measure how deep the piston is in bore when @ TDC? Thanks--Lee

With aftermarket pistons you should shoot for zero deck (with a dished piston for a turbo motor that is). With stock stuff.........I've never measured stock stuff cause it all gets trashed.

The ones I have measured have all been close to .080 in the hole. I have another on the stand now I need to disassemble so I can check again. The blocks have all been 291 casting numbers.

Thank you

The ones I have measured have all been close to .080 in the hole. I have another on the stand now I need to disassemble so I can check again. The blocks have all been 291 casting numbers.

That's what I needed to know.

Back