You can type here any text you want

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BeanSS

SlickSquid
Is anybody running a 4.1 motor in their carb'd Turbo Regals and GN's?
I was doing some reading (not really understanding what the hell im looking at but hey...that's why im asking!:biggrin: ) And it seems like it would be a logical move to making a bit more power from these cars? If your not worried about keeping it stock...

Perhaps a stroker maybe? I see you have to cop some "custom" pistons for this type of setup..Or is that for the 84's and up with the ECU? Or use the 4.1 and swap in a bigger turbo? Sorry for all the newb questions..just trying to figure out what are some more options out there becasue the play book for these 83's and down are looking reaaalllly limited (and costly! :eek: ) And im bored on duty! haha

Unfortunatly there are no turbo upgrades unless you click on the second link in my sig. Aj and I are planning about the same with the 4.1 but I got sidetracked because of the job. Both of us are using the stock stroke with a much longer rod and a shorter piston. This will give a much better bottom end response and probibly shread the tires if you can't control your foot. Do some searching here and in the entire board to get a better idea of what you can do.

^^^
Yeah I look at your sig all the time...really interesting stuff!
so your playing with a 4.1 too?! im going to grave dig and look for that thread!

I haven't started it yet. The original idea was to use a stock 4.1 but I had a chance to buy some 6.65" long rods for it at a great price so I did. The pistons have to be custom ordered because the PCH is 1.12" which is much shorter than the factory. This changes the dwell time of the piston and allows for better charging of the cylinders. The block will be bored to 4" and I was trying to find a piston that I could use off the shelf but no luck. The heads are getting Ferrea big valves to increase flow and I'm using an Edelbrock cam. I'll be fabricating headers for it and showing them in a thread as well as the engine when I get to that point.

^^^
Hahaha your a mad scientist with this stuff! I wish i had the foresight and apptitude to mess with engines like that.

Aj's (dr_frakenstien) the mad scientist, I'm the profesor. If we lived closer I'd hate to see what we'd come up with.lol

I plan on building my '84 4.1 as an NA build. I still have a Weiand x-cellerator intake manifold with nothing to do with it but If I didn't use it I'd have a tunnel ram dual quad intake manifold with two 450 cfm holley's, ported 8445 heads with aftermarket valves, solid lifter camshaft, roller rockers, destroked with a 3.0l v6 crankshaft, long rods, ahh what the future holds!

Back