time slips

Attachments

• BOBS TIMES.jpg
    BOBS TIMES.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 801
4.96@133

Hi DW and buick gang,

My combo for the 4.96 1\8th run is as follows:

stage 2 4.1 bored .020 with true measured 9.0 compression.
nascar ported heads, changed springs running 375# seat pressure.
JE pistons and rings, crower rods, billet crower crankshaft 3.625, 6.5" rods.
comp cams camshaft from dan Streezo, comp lifters, milodon gear drive.
msd distributor and wires, homegrown 4 bbl intake converted to fuel inj.
PTE elbow and ford throttle body. old fast bank to bank system. By the way I ran a distributor since 1999, ran 181 at Bristol then. Everyone wondered how we were able to run such mph, and now we know, don't we.
160# injectors, home made twin turbo headers and down pipes.
3 stage dry sump system, msd crank trigger, mizzere electric water pump
6500 7 inch converter with power glide in an all tube chassis, fiber glass body,
liquid to air intercooler (pte), twin te 64 turbo chargers, 4.10 rear gears with 16x33.5x15 tires. 2 16 volt turbo start batteries. Combo tuned by Mark Riley at Turbo Tune in Greensboro, nc. Leaving out a lot but those are the hi-lites.
I'm honored you would ask.

bob

by the way, this car scares the s##t out of me.

The honor is ours. I can understand the scary part. That is moving.

More user friendly :)

Man thats fast!

BW

Attachments

• BOBS%20TIMES.jpg
    BOBS%20TIMES.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 681
nice 60 ft's too! 17 inch wide slick's? i would think it would go 7.60 in the 1/4 mile. we go 4.8@149 and get 7.40's. so i know thats one hell of a ride you got going on there! very nice! :cool:

well after reading on i see you have 16 inch wide tire's. and with 181 mph, should be 7.50's or faster. very,very nice!

This is Bob with the Black Cutlass.
I remember you from back in the day.
From looking at your combination you could
really scare yourself with a new converter and larger turbos.
Glad to see you still out there!

4.96 @143

Hey Guy's,

Just purchased a 4,000 stall from Kendall Fredrick as our 7 inch converter was waaaay too loose. For years the engine never pulled down from the 1-2 shift. Leave the line at 5000 and cross the finish line at 7700. Everyone's right on about the car running in the 7.50's. Will try to do just that at bg. And again, thanks for the interest in my toy.

stgman

Wild ride you have there and great numbers. What track do you run at? We are in the process of installing a distributor with our combo, I guess jumping on the band wagon like everone else.

Jim

Met you at Mooresville couple-three years ago. I 'sho do like that GN/Cutlass you got. Her's a pic I took that day if you don't mind me posting it. Stay safe.

No pictures,

I remember talking to you at Mooresville, Please try the pictures again.
bob

Just sent a pic Glen. Sorry for the delay. I had engine pics but were accidentally deleted. Thanks, Paul.