You can type here any text you want

4 or 5 bar map on stock computer?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thunderace31

Banned
Is it possible to run a 4 or 5 bar map on a stock ECM?? And if so how?
What would be the Key benefits of running it? I was told to upgrade if I plan to run more than 29 psi of boost. Im at 29psi as of the last pass at the track and Im concerned Im going to hurt some thing now :(
Thanks

The stock ECM has no connection to a MAP sensor in stock form.

If you're asking if you can connect a 5 bar MAP to a Powerlogger, then yes you can.

Eric

Thanks Eric Im just lost as to why this guy at the track last weekend told me that I needed to upgrade the map sensor to a 4 or 5 bar from a new Camaro or Vette :( Im not running a power logger yet but do plan to get one set up for next year. So this guy is off his rocker as far as the boost PSI and the map then with the stock ecm?? I just dont want to blow the thing up is all. My old T I ran 29-30psi all the time on 110 and alky and never any knock at all. I guess thats the big thing is no knock :)
Thanks again
Eric!

Thanks Eric Im just lost as to why this guy at the track last weekend told me that I needed to upgrade the map sensor to a 4 or 5 bar from a new Camaro or Vette :( Im not running a power logger yet but do plan to get one set up for next year. So this guy is off his rocker as far as the boost PSI and the map then with the stock ecm?? I just dont want to blow the thing up is all. My old T I ran 29-30psi all the time on 110 and alky and never any knock at all. I guess thats the big thing is no knock :)
Thanks again
Eric!

He had no clue about these cars.

thunderace31 said:
this guy at the track last weekend told me that I needed to upgrade the map sensor to a 4 or 5 bar from a new Camaro or Vette...

JayC said:
He had no clue about these cars.

That guy at the track also has no clue about newer Camaro's or Vette's, either....

Back