427 Cobra (replica) street kill

HouTX87

Caught up with an older guy hotrodding his beautiful '65-'66 cobra roadster. 427 badges on the fenders. Side pipe exhaust shaking the ground at the stop light. I pulled up next to him at the light and gave him a thumbs up, he pointed straight ahead and I gave him a nod. It was a busy intersection so we pulled through the light and I waited for him to take the jump at about 20 mph. I got into it hard and reeled him back in putting about 2 car lengths on him before he let out and quickly took the next right turn (I'm sure that must have been his neighborhood lol). I'm sure I'll see him around again. I'm starting to like the idea of intalling a gopro camera to document street kills.

Caught up with an older guy hotrodding his beautiful '65-'66 cobra roadster. 427 badges on the fenders. Side pipe exhaust shaking the ground at the stop light. I pulled up next to him at the light and gave him a thumbs up, he pointed straight ahead and I gave him a nod. It was a busy intersection so we pulled through the light and I waited for him to take the jump at about 20 mph. I got into it hard and reeled him back in putting about 2 car lengths on him before he let out and quickly took the next right turn (I'm sure that must have been his neighborhood lol). I'm sure I'll see him around again. I'm starting to like the idea of intalling a gopro camera to document street kills.

Good kill.

I've thought about a Go Pro but I've thought about the evidence it would provide to the cop that busts you for street racing. Don't know if the GO Pro has the capabilities to erase a video quickly. I feel the same about the data I gather on PL when I am tuning on low traffic roads outside of town. I know I can delete the current file but the 2 or 3 before it will be tough to do before the cop gets to your car.

Good kill.

I've thought about a Go Pro but I've thought about the evidence it would provide to the cop that busts you for street racing. Don't know if the GO Pro capabilities to erase a video quickly. I feel the same about the data I gather on PL when I am tuning on low traffic roads outside of town. I know I can delete the current file but the 2 or 3 before it will be tough to do before the cop gets to your car.

Yeah, good point.

Find out what engine he has in it - hunt it down. The 427 badge is standard issue on replicas, but it could have had any driveline imaginable in it - mine has the same emblem, with the GN motor under the hood :)

Most are SBF or BBF engines, not the real side oiler 427 engine.

hello people; AC Cobras are one of my favorite cars. Speaking of replicas I wonder if anyone has put a Buick v6 turbo in one? There probably has been.
I'd like to see it. Would you still call that a replica?
IBBY

hello; I missed that about the Cobra with the GN engine. Is it here somewhere I'd like to see it.
IBBY

I have had the link in my signature for 11 years. Car was built in 1995, 87000 miles on it so far.

Then there's GN SPYDER...