4th gear lock-up only wiring diagram

I used this on my 200-4R I had in my Monza...I had it in there for about 6 years and sold it to a friend for his big block camaro. It is still running. I built that trans in '89 and the converter locks up with the same feel as when it was first done. It actually goes into 4th and then about .5 second later you feel the lockup. It was never harsh. When it downshifts out of 4th, it will unlock...if you have the correct switch in the 4th passage. The factory switch is usually a normally closed switch. This will lockup when it gets 2nd signal oil and unlock for 4th. You need to get a normally open switch to make the diagram work. HTH:)

Eric's comment about the normally closed switch is right on. That's the first thing that came to mind when I saw that diagram.

That scheme isn't far from the TCI 376600 Universal Lockup Kit that we sell. Click the link and look at Figure 5.

The biggest difference in ours is the use of a vacuum switch in line with the fourth-gear pressure switch. This adds additional driveability to the TCC system because it'll kick off when engine vacuum is less than 7-8 in. Hg.