5 LTR KLR - Issue Resolved

WTF is the matter with people selling stuff.:mad:

If you had to pick it up and he wasnt gonna ship it, why couldn't you of upon picking it up given him the money instead of paying up front?
That would of made sense to do it that way one would think, i mean in most transactions that are done that's how it works in general if it is having to be picked up and not being sent out.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Somebody on this board should live close enough to run over an get it.

Like said before what is wrong with people?:confused:

Sorry to hear about your problem and it's too bad he's 6 hours away. Pretty hard to just go sit and wait for him.

I feel sorry for you but like said above I would pay upon pickup with maybe a small good faith deposit to let someone know I wasn't a deadbeat buyer, it goes both ways unfortunately.

NEVER EVER SEND P/P AS A GIFT AS YOU HAVE NO RECOURSE!!!! That 3% fee seems small [22.50] versus 750.00 now doesn't it.

When possible check out a sellers feedback so you will have a better chance of a smooth transaction. Some have good parts but take forever to ship, others take their time about getting back to you in pm's or emails, but the more you know about the seller the better chance of knowing what to expect from them.

Above all don't let one bad experience sour you on the board as there are still many great people/sellers on here who are honest.

Last edited:
Wow guys this is all incorrect!! Look at how long I have been on the board and see all my ads and no one ever had a bad experience with me. I am very helpful guy and would never take advantage of anyone do to I would not want this to happen to me.

Let me tell you my side of the story and this all saved conversation by text:

First he said would buy the tranny on August 31st and stated this: "Rod, this is mark from TB.com. I'm not home. Just saw your message with your phone #. I'll PayPal you later today once I get home. I'll update you on picking up Trans once I get it figured out." Then reply back with this: "Hey mark thanks for reply back!! No worries I just want to post the stall converter for sale now. Talk to you soon and tranny is yours!" He then stated: "Cool. Thanks for working with me on it." I came back with this: "Hey no problem I know how things are and nice to have people work with you. I would want the same too."

Now paid $400 September 1st and $350 on September 2nd.

So then nothing said until September 9th which I sent a text with this: "Ok my friend any word on when u coming? FYI sorry didn't call u back before I forgot that night do to getting my kids down." He said this: "Not yet. My cars check engine light is on. Trying to figure out what it is before making long road trip."...then said this by text: "Ok no worries was checking in with you to see. It still sitting pretty for you. And is it ur GN running check engine light?"...then back with this: "No,my Camry. Chasing o2 sensors and coil packs failures. Thanks! I appreciate it...then gave advice on same situation I went through saying: "might by catalytic converter, I had same thing with my 2005 Chevy avalanche coil packs, plugs, wires, o2 sensors, then plug in a tool to read more stuff than those plug in tool. I figured it was cat."

September 11th he asked: "What is your address? I have friend who might be in Wisconsin fishing soon." I gave my address. Then on September 14th I texted back this: "Oh my I almost forgot to reply back. I can't drive that far and my lady has a baby shower on the 20th. Also that is like a 3 hour drive for me."

Then September 15th he replied back: Ok. I'll keep looking into other options. I replied back: "I am sorry wanted to help but that was lil far away. :-(". After that ask if we have Greyhound and said I don't know.

After this almost a month later nothing heard back from him until October 12th and stated "Car is running. Gonna try and make trip this week or next week...depending on schedule. Trying to line up day to come get Trans. Can you let me know what works for you next week? Thanks. Told him this: "I call you over the weekend going to car event Friday and Saturday".

Then we can't work things out and then asked stated back on October 25th: "Sure let me see and I will get back tomorrow night with update. I just got home from business trip"

On October 28th he said: "I'm planning on coming this Friday as it is my only free day for quite some time. Can you set the transmission in a place I can get to it? Can you put any paperwork or details on mods with it also? Thanks a bunch in advance!" Then said this: "I am not home and will not be back home till late tomorrow nite or Saturday morning."
Then after that he sent: "So when will I be able to get it? My weekends are booked as I am a single dad and have my son full time and he is in sports right now." Note I understand with kid stuff I have 3 year old boy and a 9 year old daughter who is in a lot of horse riding and horse shows which time is very valuable at times. I came back and said this: "Ahh I got nothing next week or weekend forsure. Or if you want money back I can do that since it Dosent seem to be working. Up to you." We then talked about his car and a lot of other car stuff and nothing else about the tranny.

So now nothing until November 12th stating this: "Rod, it doesn't seem to be working out to pick up the Trans. Before snow flies. Wondering if I can just get my money back?"

Then on November 13th he texted: "Rod, did you get my text yesterday??" I then replied back: Yes I can refund you the money. Did you want to do as PayPal again or did you want a money order? Sorry not home. Business trip I am in and got side track. Sorry about that." Then he stated: "Thanks!! A paypal "gift" to avoid fees, or money order, whichever is easier. No problem. You travel A LOT!" I then said: "Ok I will do that. Well that is AT&T for ya. See I work for AT&T businesses."

Then I did not respond till today and then this all happened about bad mouthing me!! which I stated this: "I have not been by my work phone this weekend,sorry about that. and we will get you money. I check with you tonight and the amount. Please don't worry"

I don't think this is right with someone doing this to me on posting everywhere about how bad I am and don't want to work with someone! I think there should be a big apology about this from him before I refund his money. Note: I gave him $300 tonight through PayPal. Rest I will get to him shortly.

PLEASE TELL ME TOUR THOUGHTS...

I am just glad it all worked out. Hate to read about all the deals that go bad.
Thanks for putting this to rest so quickly so I dont have to read 5 pages of smack.:smuggrin:

There are a lot of bad sales from the sellers side and when a complaint is made its easy to jump down a sellers throat.

With that detailed post, it appears the buyer jumped the gun a bit.

It’s not just sellers that can screw things up.

If what you state is accurate. you do deserve an apology.

There was a lot of back and forth communication there, for the buyer to just snap.

It’s good that it seems to be working out.

D

I think some of this miscommunication was from texting. A clear conversasion might have revealed the distance had become the deal breaker early in this purchase.