You can type here any text you want

.500" TV boost valve

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dgreene

Broke as hell.........
Is the .500" TV boost valve for 200R4's the same for all or does the BRF have a specific one?

TIA

Actually, from the factory, BRF transmissions are built with 0.471" TV boost valves. That was the largest factory boost valve available and considerably larger than run-of-the-mill 200-4R units.

The 0.500", and in some cases, 0.520" are popular aftermarket replacements. These replacements are universal and will fit any 200-4R or 700-R4.

I thought Gn ones were .471 but you may be right. However, yes,the GN ones were the largest GM made. :)

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com

Busted!

You're right. That was a typo as I was up way past my bedtime. :p I went back and corrected myself, Thanks.

BTW, welcome back to the board! Hope all is well.

Thanks guys. I had a friend(who owns a transmission shop) service it since he owed me a favor or two. While he was changing the fluid and filter he said he could put in a .500 boost valve. I just wanted to make sure that the one he put in would be ok before I drove it much.

Back