You can type here any text you want

6" rod question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
can anyone tell me if a 6" rod will work with a 3.625 stroke in a 109 block application & is it worth the effort & will it give me a favorable rod ratio. Is there an available rod to accomplish this. Thanks Lou

Lou,

Is there a reason why it wouldn't work besides that you would need custom pistons? I think that some guys don't like the rod length being this short, but that's besides the point.

If the deck height is the same, stage motors with stroker cranks are usually done with 6.25 to 6.5" rods with custom pistons. I would imagine (not sure) that 6.0" rods would be good to keep the pin out of the oil rings.

If it helps I'm using a 6.65" rod with stock stroke. By reducing the PCH the rod acts more like a lever and produces more torque. The drawback is the you have no choice on getting custom pistons. Since you're using a stroker already you've done this and you won't get to much more torque from it.

Rods

can anyone tell me if a 6" rod will work with a 3.625 stroke in a 109 block application & is it worth the effort & will it give me a favorable rod ratio. Is there an available rod to accomplish this. Thanks Lou

6'' Rods not A problem measure your deck hight with the stroke of the crank and order some piston. Dan at DLS has some new rods he had made they should be close to being done. I run 6.350 my car works grate:biggrin:

Lou,

Is there a reason why it wouldn't work besides that you would need custom pistons? I think that some guys don't like the rod length being this short, but that's besides the point.

If the deck height is the same, stage motors with stroker cranks are usually done with 6.25 to 6.5" rods with custom pistons. I would imagine (not sure) that 6.0" rods would be good to keep the pin out of the oil rings.

Thanks I have used different length rods in stage motors but not with a 109 block. The popularity with the 109 keeps growing & up till now never seen a need for anything other than stock length, I know all the theories but wanted to hear from someone who has had good success using a longer rod with a production motor, was it worth the effort & has that been actually verified with real world comparison tests.

Back