You can type here any text you want

# 6 valve springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
Is there any tips to get cylinder 6 valve springs off? Got all of them but that hole had to call it a night it was pissing me off
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395802126.985951.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395802152.655973.jpg
had to shim some up this one was at 1.738

I used a 12 point socket and a ratchet with the spring compressor I had bought off of Cotton's. I started with #6 so I could get the pita one out of the way. Putting the new spring back on was more of a pain than taking it off. Took several attempts but I finally got it. As far as any tips I can only say is stay patient.

This is the tool I used and yes #6 is a pia ,
314pw6m--mL.jpg
the black top will come off and use a 5/8 wrench to turn it to make room from the ac box . Plus you can load the spring up and put in back on , my springs were very stout but it still worked .

Kirban has a shaft mount tool that works well. I have the tool above it is a pia on 6!

If you don't have the shaft mounted tool you can unbolt the right side engine mount and jack up the right side of the engine to gain Clearance

Cotton Performance sells this one , I got this one and it did not work well for me , http://www.cottonsperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=VST
That is the same one I did mine with. Had to open the end that pushes down on the spring a little but worked great for me. Did all the spring in about an hour. Once I got #6 done it started going really fast. Used my telescoping magnet to snatch up the keepers while the other hand compressed the spring.

Okay back at it thanks for the replays I'm going to see what I can fab up

Ahhh. #6. The bitch cylinder. I remember changing the springs on that one. The claw tool pictured above worked for me. As mentioned, remove the knob and turn it with a wrench. That and a fifty pound bag of concentrated patience.

Back