6262 Bb Billet Porting

So did you port the wastegate hole at all...

Jack bellmouthed the inside of the WG hole, away from where the puck seals WG hole. Again, I am using the stock puck, stock ported elbow, HD Actuator and a manual boost controller.

I had a heavy duty actuator first and couldn't go more than 3/4 throttle, having 25 lbs of boost and climbing with more throttle given. I did pull the actuator arm off the puck and got no boost. So I did get a new standard duty actuator, put it on, ran hose from turbo to actuator adjusted rod to half turn in, from just slipping on puck arm. Now my turbo isn't spooling up fast and once it does get spooled up, it kind of sets in at 17/18 lbs and slowly climbs from there. Before I ever mounted new turbo, I ported hole to where it had 1/8th inch all the way around for puck to seat on. I've tried everything that I know to do, still with no luck.

No boost is what I would expect... however... when you have boost creep... one would reason that the size of the hole is insufficient for the exhaust flow..... I guess with the puck unhooked completely... you can't build enough boost to start the process...a "positive feedback loop".......

What exhaust housing again?

Come to think of it. Did this thread talk about HD actuators? If not, a HD fixed my boost creep.