6262 w/ Hallman Boost Controller spike issue

JP112_89

I am having boost spike issues with my 6262. I did not open the wg hole only laid it back on the inside because I am using a stock puck/ported elbow/HD act.
I have the boost set at 22#'s... When I go WOT down low, boost spikes to 26.5-27#'s for a full second then comes down to 22#'s.

I am not seeing any knock but... I think it might be the wg hole is not open to 1.1??? Again, I am using a Hallman Boost Controller.

Attachments

• HaProKit.jpg
    HaProKit.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 389
I guess your not the 1st one that has boost control issues with the new Billet Turbo, not a bad problem to have if you ask me. Now to control it... It sounds like the wastegate is not opening fast enough, because once it's open you can hold boost at 22lbs. Someone else may be able to help you, but I would try a different wastegate actuator.
Of course this would be a great time to go with a 3" Terry Houston style downpipe with a external wastegate.... real happy with mine.

Chuck

I have the same turbo with a RJC controller. I ported the inside and outside of my housing. It works prefect. No spike/No creep. I have never experienced boost spike. But I would think it would be the controller and not the port on the housing. See if you can borrow an RJC type controller and see if that helps.

Since you are still running the stock elbow, change out the puck to the larger one and port the wastegate hole to match. I bet you can pick up the larger puck from RJC or get you a new dp and port to match it. ARe you still running a stock dp or a 3" dp on the stock elbow?

Since you are still running the stock elbow, change out the puck to the larger one and port the wastegate hole to match. I bet you can pick up the larger puck from RJC or get you a new dp and port to match it. ARe you still running a stock dp or a 3" dp on the stock elbow?

x2......:biggrin:

RJC large pUck in a ATR 3" dp done by TurboBuRick
6765 .85 ported mildly by me...before and after
You can see this puck can cover a large area....
I see a 2 psi spike. I may port it more over the winter but its not causing any knock so I will leave it as is for now.

Attachments

• IMAG0075.jpg
    IMAG0075.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 329
  • IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 332
  • IMAG0078.jpg
    IMAG0078.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 315
Are you still running a stock dp or a 3" dp on the stock elbow?

I am running a stock elbow w/ a custom 2.5 DP. Going to a 3" DP soon.

I am going to try a heavy duty spring that came with the boost controller. I will keep you updated.

Thanks for all the replies! You guys are great. Joe

The HD spring is not going to help you, it may even spike more. You're needing to bleed off the exhaust out of the housing faster when it reach the desired boost levels (aka- porting of the wastegate hole)

The HD spring is not going to help you, it may even spike more. You're needing to bleed off the exhaust out of the housing faster when it reach the desired boost levels (aka- porting of the wastegate hole)

Thanks! I understand... Never had issues at 19#'s so this surprised me. The stock puck will not work if the wg hole is ported. I am sure it's not a good idea to put a RJC stainless steel puck/or over sized puck on a stock elbow with this turbo. I think it's time to upgrade to a 3" DP and elbow.

I am sure it's not a good idea to put a RJC stainless steel puck/or over sized puck on a stock elbow with this turbo.

It would/will work fine.....10 years ago this was the norm. As a matter of fact there use to be a member "TurboMike" Smith that offered this service. An elbow port and a puck replacement for $50....ahh the good ole days.