You can type here any text you want

.63 precision vs .63 garett

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hiballin

Bettie is the boss
hey fellas, i'm sure this has been covered before, but i can't find anything on this question: what is the difference between a te-61 w/ a precision .63 exhaust housing vs a garett .63 housing? i have a te-61 w/ the precision housing and run the car primarily on the street and it seems laggy even w/ a 3200 stall. i've seen posts where folks reccomend the garett .63 and wonder what's better for street duty? btw i run STICKY tires on the street. thanks for the help!

The Precision ratio is slightly bigger allowing for better top end flow.
IMO, with a 3.8L motor, a .63 Precision is as small as I would go on the exhaust housing.

I would not swap housings in hopes to getting the spool up better. A 61 with a 3200 stall should spool like madd, you should check into other factors.

You may be running a little on the rich side, backing off your fuel pressure a little will help.
Do you have a scan tool?
Your tps might be too high or your 02 sensor bad as well.
You could also have too much back pressure in the exhaust as well.

DR.BOOSTER said:
The Precision ratio is slightly bigger allowing for better top end flow.
IMO, with a 3.8L motor, a .63 Precision is as small as I would go on the exhaust housing.

I would not swap housings in hopes to getting the spool up better. A 61 with a 3200 stall should spool like madd, you should check into other factors.
The garrett .63 will spool a little faster than the precision .63. But it will choke it a little more on the top end. Your turbo should spool like mad with a 3200 stall. Check your fuel maps in the spool range.

Back