.63 precision vs .63 garett

hiballin

Bettie is the boss
hey fellas, i'm sure this has been covered before, but i can't find anything on this question: what is the difference between a te-61 w/ a precision .63 exhaust housing vs a garett .63 housing? i have a te-61 w/ the precision housing and run the car primarily on the street and it seems laggy even w/ a 3200 stall. i've seen posts where folks reccomend the garett .63 and wonder what's better for street duty? btw i run STICKY tires on the street. thanks for the help!

The Precision ratio is slightly bigger allowing for better top end flow.
IMO, with a 3.8L motor, a .63 Precision is as small as I would go on the exhaust housing.

I would not swap housings in hopes to getting the spool up better. A 61 with a 3200 stall should spool like madd, you should check into other factors.

You may be running a little on the rich side, backing off your fuel pressure a little will help.
Do you have a scan tool?
Your tps might be too high or your 02 sensor bad as well.
You could also have too much back pressure in the exhaust as well.

DR.BOOSTER said:
The Precision ratio is slightly bigger allowing for better top end flow.
IMO, with a 3.8L motor, a .63 Precision is as small as I would go on the exhaust housing.

I would not swap housings in hopes to getting the spool up better. A 61 with a 3200 stall should spool like madd, you should check into other factors.
The garrett .63 will spool a little faster than the precision .63. But it will choke it a little more on the top end. Your turbo should spool like mad with a 3200 stall. Check your fuel maps in the spool range.