64 Buick Special

Raymond Bunch

"Turbo Enthusiast"
Hi Everyone,

This 64 Buick is the car I recently purchased off EBAY.

I have big plans for it as it will eventually turbo'ed. Just thought I would share with you.... Here are a couple pictures, will downsize and post more later with specifics about this car as it sits right now. Enjoy.

Ray

Attachments

• 000_1004.jpg
    000_1004.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 296
  • 000_1007.jpg
    000_1007.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 344
  • 000_1016.jpg
    000_1016.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 303
Here are a couple more pictures and some info on it.

TUBBED-S&W FRAME RAILS-DIAGONAL LINK-33" ADJUSTABLE LADDER BARS-SAFETY LOOPS INSTALLED-ADJUSTABLE COIL OVER SHOCKS QAI #CEE2570- CHEVY 12 BOLT DIFFERENTIAL SHORTENED 2&3/4 PER SIDE- SUMMER BROTHERS 30 SPLINE AXLES WITH C CLIP ELIMINATOR KIT INSTALLED- STRANGE FULL SPOOL WITH 456 RING AND PINION SET- WELD PRO STAR WHEELS - REAR 15X12 WITH 5" BACK SPACE- FRONT 15X3.5-HOOSIER SLICKS 29X12X15-ONE SHORT SEASON OF RACING ON THEM- TRUNK LOCATED RCI 8 GALLON FUEL CELL-HOLLEY VOLUMAX 160GPM FUEL PUMP-2 BATTERIES IN TRUNK - 1 IS DEEP CYCLE WITH REMOTE SWITCH ABOVE THE REAR BUMPER- CAR IS SET UP FOR ELECTRONICS WITH B&M PRO RACHET SHIFTER- REVERSE PATTERN ELECTRONIC SHIFTNOID SOLENOID-BIONDO MEGA 200 COMPUTER WITH PROGRAMMABLE SHIFT POINTS & REPLAY, RESPONSE TIME PRACTICE, ECT-HAS 2 REACTION BUTTONS- 2 STEP REV LIMITER IS INSTALLED WITH ROLL CONTROL & A 6AL MSD IGNITION CONTROL UNIT- GM TURBO 400 TRANSMISSION WITH TRANS BRAKE & 4500 ART CAR 8" TORQUE CONVERTER-BILL MITCHELL ALCOHOL CARBURETOR WITH MILLED CHOKE NOTCHED FLOATS-HOLLEY FUEL REGULATOR #HLY-12-704- AUTOMETER FUEL DIAPHRAM IS INSTALLED SO NO FUEL WILL GO INTO DRIVERS COMPARTMENT - SUMMIT ALUMINUM RADIATOR 19X25 -AUTO METER PYROMETER TO MEASURE EXHAUST TEMP.- 350 CHEVY ENGINE-4 BOLT MAINS-BLOCK#3970010 IS 30,000 OVER-TRW FLAT TOP PISTONS- FORGED WITH 4 VALVE RELIEFS INSTALLED-76CC CHAMBER HEADS-3/8 PUSH RODS WITH SCREW-IN STUDS AND GUIDE PLATES-WEIAND TEAM G INTAKE MANIFOLD-MALLERY COMP 9000 DISTRIBUTOR-MSD BLASTER II COIL- PETE JACKSON DRIVE GEAR-BALANCED ROTATING ASSEMBLY- FLUID TYPE BALANCER 6.5" WITH SERPENTINE BELT SYSTEM- BRC 1.5 ROCKER ROLLERS -MECHANICAL LIFT PAW471i/488E CAM PART PN#350807 - 8 POINT ROLL CAGE-DISC BRAKES IN FRONT -DRUMS IN REAR-RACE SEAT RCI 5 POINT HARNESS

Ray

Attachments

• Buick1.jpg
    Buick1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 250
  • Buick2.jpg
    Buick2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 261
  • Buick3.jpg
    Buick3.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 285
  • Buick4.jpg
    Buick4.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 255
  • Buick5.jpg
    Buick5.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 251
64 Buick Drag Car Is On It Way!

Well the car was finally picked up and should be here by this coming Tuesday. Here a picture of it on the trailer.....

Attachments

• 000_1058.jpg
    000_1058.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 193
That is an extremely nice looking car. You don't see many of those. I'm sure you've got an excellent future planned for it. Hope it goes good.

Thanks for the props fella's.

I do have some pretty big plans for it, possibly a 10.5 outlaw car. Single turbo set up of course. Most of the hard work is already done with good parts, so it just a matter of putting a good engine combo together.

The car should be here this evening or first thing in the morning. The shipper are running a bit late, they called around 11am today and said they just left Houston, TX

Anwhow just as well, I would hate to start this thing up late at night and mess around backing it off the trailer. My neighbors would kill me!!! :eek:

Are you going to keep it strictly as a drag car and keep the interior bare? Or will you be installing stuff to make it look a little more homely? ;)

Nice car though. I wish you luck on your journey into the 10 second club.

Are you going to keep it strictly as a drag car and keep the interior bare? Or will you be installing stuff to make it look a little more homely? ;)

Nice car though. I wish you luck on your journey into the 10 second club.

Good questions:D

Ohhh yeah, the interior will be a lil more homely as you put it, and it will be streetable. :wink:

All the original interior comes with the car and the seats (Buckets)are newly reopolstured. So, it will be looking like stock again for the most part. All the electronics will be will be hidden and all new Autometer gauges will be installed. Carpet for the car is already on the way too, should be here soon. Rear drums will be converted to disc, waiting to see what parts I will need. but, most parts are already there. The break system will be upgraded, this is also on top of my list of to do's. Gotta get rid of that factory stock stuff.

It should be a fun project, just need some time to get'er done. It's mostly a weekend project for now.