You can type here any text you want

6466 / 6465 hp numbers and et's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
How much boost do you run? Also what size is your cam. Thanks

I've only ran 22lbs. haven't dynod my car yet, and i still have a stock crank and rods so i don't want to push it too hard. i've got a dyno session with Bison next month. the car pulls hard already on the street with the base tune Cal provided.. 218/212 comp cam hyd. roller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80+lbs/minute with a tnetics hpc billet64bb.it would make 38psi before 3600rpm and just about idle in boost.won a lot of races with that combo and turbo.

80+lbs/minute with a tnetics hpc billet64bb.it would make 38psi before 3600rpm and just about idle in boost.won a lot of races with that combo and turbo.

Yeah , I think I need about 5-6 psi more with mine to make it happy !

the 71HPQ does not spool up fast on a stock stroke anything. comparing that to ur 7168 from comp is apples to oranges. I had a 71HPQ on a Don Cruz stock stroke built beast long block with crazy Champion heads and it just didnt spool up for shit on the street.

Bison goes 9's with a 6766mm that he specs out himself and it spools up instantly on the street! OP I wud contact Bison and have him spec out a Turbo and give him ur combo vs. spending a bunch of money on something u don't need or won't perform any better.
I'm going to second this post.

I have driven and raced a lot of these cars with different everything.i will say you can make mid to low 9sec power on the 65/66 turbine wheel with very fast spooling.for the street running a bigger turbine wheel like a 70/ or 68 really slows the spool down even when you have good stuff in the motor and a good tune.i have run a 68 and 65 turbine wheel with the 64 billet comp and would not recommend a 68 turbine wheel for high 9/low 10sec passes

Let’s get real about Brian (Bison) this man has insane skills, he could put one of his turbo’s on a tricycle, tune it then run 9’s

It does not matter who it is, Brian or Joe blow. If you don't match the combo and know how to tune you will be chasing your tail.

Just because so and so went XYZ with a certain turbo does not mean you will.

Last edited:
the 71HPQ does not spool up fast on a stock stroke anything. comparing that to ur 7168 from comp is apples to oranges. I had a 71HPQ on a Don Cruz stock stroke built beast long block with crazy Champion heads and it just didnt spool up for shit on the street.

Bison goes 9's with a 6766mm that he specs out himself and it spools up instantly on the street! OP I wud contact Bison and have him spec out a Turbo and give him ur combo vs. spending a bunch of money on something u don't need or won't perform any better.

9’s with a 62. If you are struggling to run 9’s with larger than a 62 a turbo isn’t your problem

9’s with a 62. If you are struggling to run 9’s with larger than a 62 a turbo isn’t your problem

I assume you're talking about billet wheels.

Cast, MFS, whatever.

yea forgot ha 62 lol and yea I agree

Before 3600rpm? The converter was holding the engine back to 3600rpm?

It dose not matter who it is, Brian or Joe blow. If you don't match the combo and know how to tune you will be chasing your tail.

Just because so and so went XYZ with a certain turbo does not mean you will.

THIS ! X 2

went 10.0 on a 60-1 .. doesn't mean EVERY setup will even be close .. a lot more to it than throwing darts at a board

Im looking HARD at the 6870 for my final turbo. For my street car. I have been piecing my combo together for a turbo like this. Still collecting parts for my motor build.
All's you have to do is look at the "parts for sale" section. At one point I saw three of them on there for sale. Must be a great turbo.....

The Tnetics 6465 covers a lot of combo's and spools quick, makes good power in everything with cleaned up heads.

Last edited:
Almost felt lik

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUO felt like I could literally drive right on the converter, didn't wing and blow the tire away like the bigger stuff usually does.

Almost felt like I was driving right on the converter,didn't wing the rpm and blow the tire away like the bigger stuff.

Do you have a log of this? If not it’s suspect the sprag in the converter failed

Do you have a log of this? If not it’s suspect the sprag in the converter failed

I have many logs.car ran years like this and ptc went through it recently did the same thing.tmk it's a spragless converter.

You have a log with 38psi manifold pressure and the engine rpm is 3600? You should post that

Back