6466 Turbo Talk.

For me I am looking for a super fast spooling turbo and from what I been told it does. Also I don’t see the point of putting a 8 sec turbo on a high 9 second car. Price to me is the only draw back on the 6466. I believe the reason why Jack Cotton recommended the 6766 is cause you can’t get a turbonetics exhaust housing for the 6465 or they stop making the 6465 can’t remember which it was.
The 6466 should 60' and 330' better then the 45a on your setup and put you into the 9s,
you can get a t-netics housing for the 65 turbine not the 68 from what i remember. maybe its changed now since T-netics and precision are under the same umbrella.

Bump......I know there’s gotta be more guys running the 6466.
The 6466 was only offered in a BB version. Had it been offered in a JB version more would have purchased it and they're be more info out there. The BB only version wasn't cost effective.

when i ran a hpc billet bb 64/ large t series cover at 3800+lbs car went 125mph at 18 psi,138mph at 28 psi.i dropped 500lbs out of the car and raised boost over 40psi i will let those that are smart with math take a guess on how fast it went after;)there are those that feel the larger covers are worth alot more on the buicks but im sure the pte is no slouch:)

when i ran a hpc billet bb 64/ large t series cover at 3800+lbs car went 125mph at 18 psi,138mph at 28 psi.i dropped 500lbs out of the car and raised boost over 40psi i will let those that are smart with math take a guess on how fast it went after;)there are those that feel the larger covers are worth alot more on the buicks but im sure the pte is no slouch:)

No math in this, but I'll take a shot. Being an old drag racer I'll say you dropped your ET a half second dropping 500 lbs. 12 PSI increase, but these cars have the aerodynamics of a brick. I'll say 145 MPH...and guess you did it on E85. :)

No math in this, but I'll take a shot. Being an old drag racer I'll say you dropped your ET a half second dropping 500 lbs. 12 PSI increase, but these cars have the aerodynamics of a brick. I'll say 145 MPH...and guess you did it on E85. :)
your getting closer;)

nope.you really dont want to know what fuel i was on that will really stir the thread up:)

I was figuring E85 cuz I've seen some files of guys running silly boost levels with it. Most wouldn't believe your boost level, let alone the fuel. Put it to bed. :)

Ok guys I’m getting anxious with this 6466 I have sitting around since Christmas. I am trying to get a 9 second slip with the 45a with a single nozzle alky before I do the swap. But with this Coronavirus going on I don’t know if the tracks are gonna stay open. So let’s hear what guys have accomplished with this turbo. Et , mph , 60 ft, exhaust housing ar size, dyno numbers even butt dyno any info you guys have. Let’s have a go at your experience with this turbo and what did you upgrade from and how it compares. So far I think the fastest time on the board is a 9.70 with the 6466. So where are you guys at.

Is your plan to run this setup with pump gas and alky? or race fuel? What does your fuel system look like now?

72# injectors, red Armstrong double pumper, currently running single m15 alky nozzle on my 10.0 pass, but am going to run a dual nozzle setup with the 6466. Stock fuel lines and filter.

Looks like you have good latitude on your fuel system. I agree with you on adding the other nozzle to the alky system. Get Cal to work his magic on your new turbo and see what data you get from it and make the proper changes accordingly. I had a customer with a similar build make 500rwhp on the dyno with just pump gas at 18psi with a Turbotweak chip. He was not a track guy so he was more then happy with it.

My car is full weight with AC, and Cruise.
and even with that stuff it could be well under 3500lb.to go 9.9 on a 62 is no small feat but i often see cars that are going 10.40s at 3800+ and another guy going 10.0s and teens and the slower guy is wondering how it was done.full weight could be hundreds of lbs on the difference.regardless your moving for sure i would also like to know the real weight of the car.

Sorry I only have a 6266 not the 6466, haven't had time to track it yet at Thunder Mountain, but I am running 25# boost with E85. Just put this Turbo on 2 weeks ago, I had a 6152

573 whp @ 20 psi on 93 oct and an A/F ratio of 10.8 no track times yet. super fast spool just destroys the MT drag radials. fucking love the 64/66