6870 precision turbo on a stage 2 any one?

is this a street car or a race car cause id be more concerned about spinning my tires then makn more power if its a street car. u have a big CI motor with a big Turbo. I think ur getting ahead or urself here....

So I'm going from a 3 bolt 81 a/r exhaust housing to the new v band 96 a/r exhaust housing .how do you think the spool up is going to be on this for my ta stroker

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Precision told me that the 96 housing compared to the 81 housing is only 300 rpm difference. Bison said he would go as big as he could. This car will be driven on the street once in a while. The converter is a 17 blade PTC

Hopefully it won't be a dog on the street lol[emoji42]

It's going to be interesting to see what this car dose on the Dyno with Cal Hartline.

I wud go with watever Bison tells u. he's forgotten more then most of us will ever know.... if its more a race car then yea go big. I don't think ur gonna see any lag. not with that motor and setup.

u mite as well opt for an AMS 2000 if uve come this far and have Cal set that up wen he tunes it. I have the 2000 going on my street bike and its the cats ass.... ask Cal wat he thinks. I'm sure he will recommend the 2000 if money is not ur primary concern

Precision told me that the 96 housing compared to the 81 housing is only 300 rpm difference. Bison said he would go as big as he could. This car will be driven on the street once in a while. The converter is a 17 blade PTC

u really have no idea.....lol I get lost in his calculations he does right in his head. ones that wud require me a calculator smh. very honest dude tho. he will never BS u or sell u anything that won't make ur car run better.

and he speaks from experience not from Youtube channels. he actually goes to the track and tests different combos to see wat works best. not many dudes doin that in this community.

He is definitely a smart individual

So what do you guys think its going to do on the Dyno? Ta stroker 274 ,cnc ported aluminum heads, solid roller 230-230 lift 620 ,6870 .96 exhaust housing , front mount intercooler, 160 injectors e85, racetronix purple double pumpers with Teflon lines dual fed fuel line with regulator,xfi fast system with egt probes, ptc 17 blade turbo 400 .I plan on taking boost up to 25 . So what do you guys think its going to do on the Dyno?

Imo, you might need to loosen the converter at the track, but the tighter converter might show more power on the dyno.
What is the compression? That cam should go to 7000rpm no problem. The 17 blade will flash to around 5800 at a high 8 sec level, which you should be there.
It depends what dyno you are on. I tune on a Mustang dyno, and 767 was enougj to go 8.94@151 3470lbs. 814 went 8.76@154. This is lower than a dynojet would show.

Compression is 9 1/2 .thanks for responding forcefed3.8's

My 68 is really happy around 25-28 pounds. These billet turbos make crazy power way lower in the boost curve.

You can use fluid to tighten and loosen the converter a little. We use John Deer Hygard instead of trans fluid, this will tighten it up some. Switch back to trans fluid to loosen it up.

You can use fluid to tighten and loosen the converter a little. We use John Deer Hygard instead of trans fluid, this will tighten it up some. Switch back to trans fluid to loosen it up.
I had heard that. Worth about 200 RPM or so?

Probably use dextron 6 to loosen the converter a little .