You can type here any text you want

7.5 Rear end Swap Help !!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
not a direct swap, but apparently not too hard to do.
never done it myself, but if you can start out with a $200 junkyard rear instead of a $1000 GN rear that you find on the internet in the possession of someone that thinks it's worth more because it's a GN part, that just gives you that much more $$$ to use to get it on the road.

8.5's for G-bodies are expensive because they are rare, 8.8's are cheap because they made millions of them.

a 350 Olds is a direct swap into the 307 mounts and uses all the accessories. hell, you could even disguise it as a 307 and not tell anyone what it really is.
a 455 Olds is also a fairly straight forward swap, as well.
personally, i'd go with the simplicity of cheap big bolt in cubes before i thought about swapping an LS engine in something.

Ditto. Only swap in the LSX if you want a foriegn looking (to the car) engine in your bay and don't mind all the fab work needed to make it fit. Otherwise build ya a nice torquey 455 and let er rip. As for the rear, would a Ford 9 inch be out of the question?

Back