You can type here any text you want

71 CUDA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I guess I am going Cuda Shopping...
The 340 is a killer small block, big boar short stroke. I stroked mine to a 416 with a 4" crank and 30 over. Then a $5000 set of CNC Indy cylinder heads, custom grind cam, intake, 1050 Dominator etc etc. The last time out after the new heads my 60's went from 1.5's to 2.1's. I couldn't hook the car to save my life. Bent all ten wheel studs, bananad' the perches on my Dana 60 and managed a 11.10 at 131 mph with a 2.1 60. I should have crashed and burned that day so I vowed never to race the car again. It's haunts me to this day, that car should do a 10.5 to a 10.20 but I'll never take it back to find out. I got handed a second life that day so I'll keep it. How my axle didn't come out from under the car I'll never know? At 131 mph it would have been over. I 4 linked it after that just because. It's a 4 speed car and it's violent rowing the gears. Lot's of fun but I respect it.

I'll get the GN down the track in the low ten's and call it a day.
WOW some story. My first engine build was a 340 back in 1982.

I had a mostly stock 340 with a 292 mopar hyd Cam and unported iron W2 heads running consistent 12.00 on pump gas. May seem slow today in our Buick world but was respectable 25+ years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back