You can type here any text you want

72# Smog Chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dean

I need a file for these injectors. Presuming the low-Z injectors are different enough from the high-Zs, I tried making one from a 55 file, but it didn't work well at all (missing, popping). I checked gnttype.org, but not much available at the moment.

Suggestions??

Don't use the smog chip images from gnttye.org, before Mike Pitt uploaded them he opened them in an editing program that automatically puts in some antitamper code so if you go into pe mode they turn the fuel off. If you can edit your own chips I would start with the emission chip (the bbkj one) from gnttype. I uploaded that one and it is the exact factory image. Turn your fuel pressure down to about 35-37 psi vac hose off, and set the injector constant to about 65 lb/hr in the chip and the blm's should be in the ballpark. If you go back to the old postings in this forum or at gnttype.org you will find a few postings from me and others on what else you may want to tweak. If you have a simple tailpipe sniff test at constant rpm you are already done :-). If you have a dyno test and have drivers like ours that like the "digital mode - stomp and lift, stomp and lift", then cut the boost and don't let it go into pe mode. Set all the pe entry thresholds to the max, and zero all the wastegate duty cycle vs rpm entries, and you are pretty much done. It's fine to drive this on the street so long as you don't make more than maybe 5 psi boost. Hm, I just looked at gnttype and don't see the technical articles? If you have any actual stock chips, either the acxa or bbkj, just start with that.

Ah, perhaps that is what happened, and yeah, I saw that all the tech articles were gone for the moment.

I can edit my own with C.A.T.S. Tuner, and have the BBKJ9464 file from turbotweak.com (though I still can't figure out how to get the program to list Inj PW on my laptop... it does on my desktop, but not the laptop; many other listed parameters are different too.)

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a go and how my friends car runs. I'll direct him to this thread, too.

Dean

CARL!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Where do I sent a beer? :)

Here's the email I just received:

Hey Dean, Your chip worked like a charm.

HC 15 mph 27/129 25 mph 17/101
CO 0.01 both
NO 15 mph 137/1097 25 mph 6/927
Brand new cat w/72’s

Build/ported engine on the good ol' CA dyno test.

Fab...

You're welcome, glad I could help. How about a Diet Coke if we ever meet up? :-) :-) Actually, I can't take much credit since Buick did all the real work, we just kept it out of pe mode in case of a bad dyno jockey.

Yeah, well, you are the one who responded to this Thread, so I'm givin' you the credit. :)

Back