7th inj

sleeper buick

ok i have a 7th inj on my car and was trying to deside to stay with it( cause it works fine) or move on to alky. any advice?

I think the 7th inj. is for making up the difference when you have too small of injectors not even close to the performance you will get out of alky. You will be able to run alot more boost with alky. It will also give you a little head room on your inj if you are on the small side

Why not Both!!:biggrin: The alky is to supress detonation. The 7th is to keep from buying larger injectors. I know some are going to say the alky is a fuel and dump the 7th. I say if the car runs fine with the current setup and you just want more boost on pump gas Alky is the hot ticket. Look how many just add Alky without upgrading injectors at the same time...;)

Why not Both!!:biggrin: The alky is to supress detonation. The 7th is to keep from buying larger injectors. I know some are going to say the alky is a fuel and dump the 7th. I say if the car runs fine with the current setup and you just want more boost on pump gas Alky is the hot ticket. Look how many just add Alky without upgrading injectors at the same time...;)

Better said:D

i get plenty of boost with the 7th inj, i get about 15 to 20 psi. i was thinking about going with bigger inj and chipping it with alky.

One problem with running a 7th injector with alky is it would be harder to tune with the fuel provided with the chip plus the fuel from the 7th injector plus the fuel from the alky. I bet if you asked any alky chip maker they would say dump the 7th. You might be able to get by with removing the 7th inj and replacing it with an alky unit. What is you setup?

David
87GN

One problem with running a 7th injector with alky is it would be harder to tune with the fuel provided with the chip plus the fuel from the 7th injector plus the fuel from the alky. I bet if you asked any alky chip maker they would say dump the 7th. You might be able to get by with removing the 7th inj and replacing it with an alky unit. What is you setup?

David
87GN

the car is stock for the most part, got it 2 years ago and engine blew up. only thing done its cam,crank,rods,pistons, bored out block to .20,and heads to get it running again. the 7th inj was on it when i got the car. trying to come up with a setup that will work.

The 7th injector was a band-aid to keep the back 2 cyls from running lean...now that we have bigger injectors...power plate...etc available it's no longer needed...old technology...get rid of it...JMO...

The 7th injector was a band-aid to keep the back 2 cyls from running lean...now that we have bigger injectors...power plate...etc available it's no longer needed...old technology...get rid of it...JMO...

+1

Just one more piece that if it doesn't function.... bye bye engine or bye bye head gaskets.

definately a band aid for too small on the injectors...

Get a Razor's alky kit.... and a TurboTweak chip.....

That will make more power for less $$ than ANYTHING else you can put on your car period....

You will love it...

Get a Razor's alky kit.... and a TurboTweak chip.....

That will make more power for less $$ than ANYTHING else you can put on your car period....

You will love it...

yeah i was looking at both, and i need to get my hands on a prologger and scanmaster