80# injectors with a large turbo

nolanator

@none_more_black
Hey everyone,
I recently picked up a Turbonetics 7068 turbo and was wondering if I could use this with my 80# injectors. I haven't made the switch to E85 just yet, but my injectors currently run at about 58% with a 66mm turbo at 20psi on 91 octane.

Ideally, I would like to keep these injectors since I don't know the first thing about low impedance injectors and drivers, or modifying the ECU for these things.

Thanks.

You will be out of injector before you're even close to running out of turbo. With 93/alky I was able to reach 75-80% DC with 85lb/hr on e10 gasoline with that turbo using only exhaust pressure and the bypass hole diameter to control boost (drive pressure). The car trapped 140 at 3600lbs. I would expect you to be out of injector around 128-130mph with a lean e85 tune and the timing maximized for the mass flow. No wiggle room at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will be out of injector before you're even close to running out of turbo. With 93/alky I was able to reach 75-80% DC with 85lb/hr on e10 gasoline with that turbo using only exhaust pressure and the bypass hole diameter to control boost (drive pressure). The car trapped 140 at 3600lbs. I would expect you to be out of injector around 128-130mph with a lean e85 tune and the timing maximized for the mass flow. No wiggle room at all.

Alright, I had my suspicions about the injectors. I guess I'll search around for someone to modify my ECM for low impedance. thank you.

I would switch to a speed density config and rec xfi if you want to get the most out of it.

I would switch to a speed density config and rec xfi if you want to get the most out of it.

I'd love to eventually, but for the time being I would just like to get the car running on e-85 at any capacity. Another member on here mentioned I may need a Bob Bailey ignition system as well to get the E-85 to ignite, so I have to factor the cost of that system and coils in as well. It's expensive!!

John Plog ran low 9/high 8 on the stock ignition. You won't be anywhere near that with the small injector

John Plog ran low 9/high 8 on the stock ignition. You won't be anywhere near that with the small injector

My goal is just a mid 10 second car that is drivable on the street. Is it possible that I could use the 80# injectors temporarily at wastegate pressure (18.3psi) and upgrade to 120# and follow suit with boost once I can get my ECM upgraded with the drivers? I have a powerlogger to watch the important stuff and would be able to see the duty cycle after all.

You want bigger injs.. The link at Google shows several choices, including the "Holley" injs. There are 120 hi imp. why mod the ecm?

Oh I'd rather not mod the ECM at all! If those Holley (who knows who actually manufactures them) will work, I'll pick some up.