You can type here any text you want

82 regal sport coupe rusted drivers side floor pan

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

v6tsportcoupe

82 sport coupe
removed carpet for replacement and revealed the floor pan was rotted. need used replacement . anyone have one in better shape than mine? thanks
1982 regal sport coupe

bweavy help!!!!!!

Attachments

• P7160055.jpg
    P7160055.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 155
holy crap that's something you never wanna see:eek: Unfortunately that was in the list of standard options for Turbo Buicks:biggrin: Mine wasn't that bad though but my hole was way bigger;) . Anyways, I believe poston buick has the cheapest replacement floor pans. I'm sure Brian either has the price matched by now or has some deal worked out for cheap shipping. Never did buy a new pan for mine, just cut a patch, pop riveted, and fiberglassed over it after I cut out the bad and wire wheeled the hell out of everything and redid all the sealer. It's up to you what you want to do. Beings I now have to take the body off my frame because of a rusted support that is broke in front of the rear end, I might cut out my crap job and put some new metal in. Either way it all takes time so if the car is pretty or you plan on keeping it just as well spend the money and do it right. Make sure you have a friend help- its more fun:)

floor pan reploacement

my pan was rusted out under rear seat . went to local paint supply house and bought a spot weld remover bit. Removed my pan and then went to junk yard and did same. Cost me $10.00 for the bit and $10.00 for pan. (wirefeed) Welded pan back in then leaded all the weld hole. still working on it but soon as possible I'll redope all the seams. it wasn't all that hard, have photos looks just like new jon:cool:

Wow! I found some rust in the rear section of my Malibu-I cut an entire rust free floor section out at the junkyard for $50. Here's my advise-the floorboards in the 4-door Malibus are the same-those are always in nice shape it seems-that's what my donor floor was. And, if you decide to cut it yourself, be extra careful with respect to the fuel lines that route just behind the rear floorboard base section where it meets the lower part of the sail panel, by the floor on the pass. side. It is mor etime consuming to cut out a complete floor but thet GM floors were never anything but one piece and I wanted to keep it appearing to be factory. I say do the whole floor, not just the fronts. However, if you really only want to do the fronts, make the seam underneath the center channel brace-nobody will ever see it from the inside-hiding the seam from under the car might be tricky though. Good luck!

Back