84 s10 crew cab body droped w GN drivetrain

onelowrov

127.jpg
juicedmini__96201094816AM3350.jpg
DSCF0259.jpg
IMG_4925.jpg
whatcha think?

those pics were from last summer. cranks now. still working on getting it started. gm never built a first gen s10. i built the cab out of a 4 door blazer and a std cab pickup, the roof out of 2 ext cab roofs, and the rear doors out of front doors. ill put some pics up soon of what it looks like now.

I know I've seen those pics before but don't remember where. Looks like what GM should've done in the late 80's.:)

I know I've seen those pics before but don't remember where. Looks like what GM should've done in the late 80's.:)

How was the steering done? U's on that? My 85's has a lt1/t56. looks good so far. your gone to have a nice truck. would have done and lc2 s10 the next time around but i'm kinda getting burnt out building S-10s. so I'm doing a 1980 El Camino unless I can come up with a better idea to stick one in. You doing your own wiring harness?

yup i added an additional u joint to the steering to help clear the header since we droped the motor down about 3.5 inches , and we hybrided the gn and blazer harness together. sounds like you have some cool projects. put some pics up if you can. thanks for your compliments, mike

Don't have to may pics but here's one. Going take pics of my of my rusty El Camino as I go. Built all the wiring from scratch on everything I do. Used to work at an automotive electric shop where I made 100's of GM EFI swap harnesses kinda like painless.

yup i added an additional u joint to the steering to help clear the header since we droped the motor down about 3.5 inches , and we hybrided the gn and blazer harness together. sounds like you have some cool projects. put some pics up if you can. thanks for your compliments, mike
Hey onelowrov, I was wondering if you could please help me with the same issues you dealt w/install the 3.8 such as mounting the engine in as well as installing the TR harness I have a 86 gmc s15 . I've searched around a million places & no one makes engine swap kits , not even so-called Advanced Adapters.