85 GN Stolen in East Texas

Lone_Domino

My 85 GN was stolen from my driveway in Longview, TX sometime last night. It is straight except a scrape/dent in the passenger door and the clear-coat is peeling on all the upper surfaces. It is a t-top car with black GTA wheels and Goodyear eagle tires.

It is vin # 1G4GK4795FP425052

Thanks!

Another note. The hood has a spot on the raised section that the paint is bubbled where the turbo sits on a hot-air car. It had a Blaupunkt MP3000 stereo and Magellan Meridian Gold GPS inside.

The local police have been no help and will not even assign it to an investigator unless I can provide them with more information such as witnesses or possible leads. I thought that was their job.....

Very Frustrated.

Stolen Vehicle Information on gnregistry

Hey Guys & Gals,

Here is a update with information and photos
DETAILS & PHOTOS

Be on the look out for stolen vehicle and parts....

Looks like the police (NOT all police) think these vehicles are just another regal v6 worth less than $3,000.

My question is why do they (police) need a lead or something to go on, it was stolen and probably out of the state. It seems every month a regal with a Turbo V6 is stolen.

We have got to come up with some system to help others out and deter this madness..... Alarms and the police are not stopping it....

Crime doesn't pay unless you have nothing to lose, then they just push the criminals back out on the street for clogging the system. Why do think the court system goes after people with money, because they everything to lose. A loser with no money has to spend time in jail instead of fighting the system.

Not everyone is aware of these vehicles and the aftermarket arena of the value of parts. I know some like to take them for a joy ride, but regals are very easy to get into.

All you you need is a metal hanger, bent just right -- no door frames so it is easy to push the hanger in and pull up and back and your in. So if you have the orginal factory stock door locks -- that you just spin on --- REMOVE it NOW and save yourself the headache, make sure you get the type that the hanger will just slide off the top or get one that is hardly exposed when locked.

Good Luck and keep your car guarded at all times.

Brett Wallace
BGN00001A
GNregistry.org

Thanks!

Just a word of thanks to all the guys and gals online that feel my pain. It still baffles me that people who obviously know cars would steal what another car person has put many hours of labor and love into.

MR

Sorry to hear about your Car.
I haven't given much thought to protecting mine untill I read your story. I hope it all works out.
Jerry